Top 10 Reasons I won't renew with NACHI

Originally Posted By: wcampbell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

If you don’t like the way that NACHI is run, then spend your OWN MONEY and get your OWN board up on line. Set your OWN rules of play. Or if you don’t have what it takes to have your OWN site,then go over to Inspection News or The Inspectors Journal.

Until then SIT DOWN and SHUT UP !!! ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

I for one won't miss reading Remas's or Dan's or Scott's posts.

--
This Ole House-Home Inspections
William A. Campbell TREC # 6372
Serving the Texas Coastal Bend
(361) 727-0602 (home)
(361) 727-0055 (office)
(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: Guest

Will,

It's an open board. The reason to have an open board is to allow all points of view to be expressed. If the leadership at NACHI is being unethical..I'm not saying it is..wouldn't you want someone to expose it? If NACHI is a scam, I'm not saying it is, wouldn't you want new members to be aware of what they're joining?

Close the board to the public, that's my suggestion, then you folks can all sit around patting each other on the back telling each other how smart you are for joining. Wait... that'd seriously affect cash flow.

Kind of a catch 22 isn't it.

Originally Posted By: cradan

the Association is not benefitting or doing the right thing(s) for you, as an inspector or as a business person, do the best thing for yourself and your business, i.e. depart.

NACHI...if Jeff decides NACHI's not a good business decision for him, do the best thing for NACHI...refund his dues without question or reservation.

None of this discussion, as far as I can see, benefits inspectors or home-buying clients. Enough is simply enough.

![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif)

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Chad, you have been told many times that if you don’t like what we have here, then go elsewhere. You also won’t be missed.

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

I’d miss you and the others Will. You’ve hurt my feelings.

From what I’ve seen, you have none.

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Actually Will, I’m passionate. A man of your firm faith and moral beliefs should be passionate as well.

You are very correct in that Chad. I also believe that you respect a mans house. If you can’t respect my house, then don’t come over. Do I censor people in my house? you bet I do. Don’t come into my house looking to start a fight. If you don’t live here, then LEAVE.

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

No thanks, I saw how someone who did live here got treated. I expect it’d be the same for me.

Originally Posted By: jwortham

I discovered something very interestng the other day.

If you do a Google on your name, you'd be amazed at what shows up.

All kinds of posts I made on the NACHI board for all the world to see. ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

Worked out well, because I got an inquiry for an inspection based on a post I had made.

Makes you wonder what would happen if some inspectors who post on this board get a Google run on them however.

I google myself all the time. I’m proud to promote ethics and competency in the profession.

That's one reason I unabashedly sign every post here with my full name and website address. I'm shooting for educated clients.

Originally Posted By: dharris

Quote:

Makes you wonder what would happen if some inspectors who post on this board get a Google run on them however.
[/quote]

That would be a interesting survey to see,
If you were a new home buyer which inspector would you use, the one that fights any attempt to raise the requirments to qualify them to perform a inspection for them, or the inspector that defends and believes in the highest standards

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Better yet, would you not understand who the hell is arguing about what and not have the time to read through all the crap. icon_question.gif

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Fighting for higher standards and being negative and unprofessional are not the same thing.

If I run a Google on Jerry Peck or Jeff Pope or Todd Allen, I find professional inspectors trying to raise the bar and yet not one post that I would consider unprofessional.

If I was a home buyer, I'd want a competent professional. That's it. But I would definitely have second thoughts about some here after reading their posts.

Just my opinion! That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

Google Farsetta or Gromicko. Outside of NACHI, Gromciko doesn’t exist on the net…except for that one radon misunderstanding.

Better yet, do a nachi search on Farsetta's posts, you'll be proud to be associated with such an intelligent, smooth talking, level headed fellow.

Originally Posted By: dfrend

First, a Gromicko search brings up about half NACHI stuff and half other sites on the first page. Second, what do you mean he does not exist outside NACHI? If you mean every internet mention of him seem s to say NACHI, I would argue that is a great thing. Good marketing Nick!

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: phinman

but could be a 1000!

10. Open and free spirited conversation
9. The ability to start and run a chapter based on YOUR needs not someone's "pie in the sky" whims and massive ego.
8. The best bang for the buck of all the orgs!
7. The NACHI Foundation
6. The organizations ability to move faster
5. One membership for all- no 2 tier ?your not good enough? membership
4. SUPPORT, SUPPORT and MORE SUPPORT!
3. Find An Inspector
2. Marketing and business tips

and finally

1. Nick Gromicko and all the support cast who work their tails off to provide the most informative site in the industry!! Nick never stops promoting NACHI for one second!

This org is obviously not for everyone which is fine. This is not a "love it of leave it" scenario, only a place where we can exchange ideas and communicate.

The core of this org for me is the support that NACHI provides for those who want to take advantage of the recourses and it's wonderful members.

I do not like to see people attack the core of the organization, why it was founded and it's basic method of operation. There are other org's that can provide you with the comfort level you are looking for in a HI organization.

Suggesting change and a better way is GOOD, but the attacks here are counter productive, want to change NACHI's core, and appear to be personal at times.

NACHI is what it is and has been successful because the industry needed a change from the old way of doing business. I respect and admire the way other acronyms work, they just don't do for me! That is why Iam here!

Thank You Nick Gromicko and NACHI Forever!

Phillip R. Hinman
NJ NACHI

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

Lets change it to …Why not post here on this board…

I will start..

1. nothing positive to say
2. Your acting like a 12 yr old.
3. it is so imperfect, why would you help with all the stats by posting?
4. You can't fix it, only waist your time

Originally Posted By: mpasquinelli

jeff ? Your lame comments are not welcome on the NACHI site. Your opinion is of no interest and your rantings are senseless. You, daniel, chad and the other 10- inspections-a-month-inspectors need to move on. The professional inspectors of NACHI are too busy to respond endlessly to the dribble you post on our open and free board. Because you guys are part time inspectors (with part time knowledge) and have plenty of free time (read unpaid) to post your useless comments, we professional inspection companies can take more and more of your business which will leave more and more time for your senseless posts. The moral of the story - the more jeff, daniel and chad we see on the board the more money the real inspection companies make.

Originally Posted By: jremas

Martin, if you only knew the truth.

I am glad to see many of your posts in the late morning and early afternoon.

I guess you would like to be busy too. Call me and I can give you some pointers.