Top 10 Reasons I won't renew with NACHI

Originally Posted By: dplummer
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Jeff’ are you on some kind of mission from God to reveal unknown secrets of NACHI? Why do you think readers of this site from around the world care whether you stay a NACHI member or not? I don’t! Move on. Use your valuable time in doing something constructive other then bashing this site. I’m personally tired of the ranting & ravings of some so called “professionals” who aren’t acting very professional. PLEASE move to more positive comments. Doug

Originally Posted By: Guest

Yes Jeff,

Please begin to sugar coat everything so Doug Plummer can feel good again.

Originally Posted By: evandeven

Quote:
Close the board to the public, that's my suggestion, then you folks can all sit around patting each other on the back telling each other how smart you are for joining. Wait... that'd seriously affect cash flow.

You mean like what goes on at the ASHI board?

There are about five individuals here and at IN who seem to have nothing better to do with their lives than to complain, usually about Nicks past.
Why don't you go into your own chat room and bash NACHI until you exhaust yourselves in orgasmic delight?

Chad,
You with your "high standards" are the worst offender.
Quote:
That's one reason I unabashedly sign every post here with my full name and website address. I'm shooting for educated clients.

It is not unabashed, it is hypocritical. One who constantly bashes this organization, its owner, and everything connected to it, has the audacity to use it as a marketing tool. Talk about ethics...or the lack of them!

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.
I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!
www.magnuminspections.com

Eric,

There's a difference between prudence and hypocrisy.

I don't post for the exposure. I post because I'm passionate about the topic, and I sign my name because I firmly and wholeheartedly believe that NACHI in its current configuration is bad for the profession as a whole, and I have conviction enough to put my name to my opinion.

It'd be a whole lot easier to post "feel good" messages about NACHI and eliminate the personal attacks and name calling. I could get in the "zone" and cough up my 289.00, take the kiddie test and get ten times the exposure I get here.

For those of you who have "zoned out" and become disciples of Nick and had NACHI tatooed on your butts, instead of calling me names, make the effort to skip over my posts and read the OTHER commentary on the board (and elsewhere) that illustrates many of my observations. Much of it has been postulated by your own brethren.

Originally Posted By: evandeven

Quote:
I don't post for the exposure. I post because I'm passionate about the topic, and I sign my name because I firmly and wholeheartedly believe that NACHI in its current configuration is bad for the profession as a whole, and I have conviction enough to put my name to my opinion

Regardless, you are still reaping the benefits, although you don't seem to understand that.

It is nice to know that you are "passionate" about the topic "10 reasons that I will not renew." It is a ground shaking topic worthy of all of our "passion." ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif) ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

As far as NACHI being bad for the profession, NACHI is no worse than the others. I was in ASHI and it was the same as it is here and other orgs. are the same.
At least here, you have the advantage of superior marketing, which even non-members, like yourself, can take advantage of!

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.
I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!
www.magnuminspections.com

Originally Posted By: tallen

jwortham wrote:
Fighting for higher standards and being negative and unprofessional are not the same thing.

If I run a Google on Jerry Peck or Jeff Pope or Todd Allen, I find professional inspectors trying to raise the bar and yet not one post that I would consider unprofessional.

If I was a home buyer, I'd want a competent professional. That's it. But I would definitely have second thoughts about some here after reading their posts.

Just my opinion! That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

Thanks Jeffrey, but it would appear you have missed some of my " finer" moments. ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif)

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Nah. I didn’t miss them. icon_biggrin.gif

Just not malicious. So they don't count!

Originally Posted By: pdacey

The Jeff of old:

jremas wrote:
We must be as unified and positive about each other so as not to show any dissenstion amongst the ranks of NACHI members.

jremas wrote:
we should leave the dirt out of the public's eyeThis forum IS in the public eye so we should watch our behavior here too. Remember "If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, the don't say anything at all"

jremas wrote:
To each their own and respect each other's opinion. Let's all work together.

jremas wrote:
This message board is a great resource and I appreciate it. I hate to complain

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Something flipped the switch in him and I wish I knew what it was.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: tallen

Down here in the South we call it CRACK or a Woman OR ASHI… icon_lol.gif

I talked to Jeff a while back and he seems to have his head wired on tite.

He is just really mad at Nick and a couple of others.

I wish him well

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

I believe that it started over working on a septic tank that he inspected. I could be wrong.

This Ole House-Home Inspections

William A. Campbell TREC # 6372

Serving the Texas Coastal Bend

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Nice Jeff, Chad,

Just because not all believe in your level of professionalism and education in this industry means that you are right and the rest of us are wrong. No one is certainly saying that you are wrong and we are right, or vice versa.

If you truly believe you are promoting the professionalism in the home inspection industry don't you think it is inappropriate to show how divided inspectors are on the subject?

What you call professionalism, the rest of us call anal retentiveness. There is no doubt that you have the angle of the dangle, although the rest of us just tell our clients what is wrong and who can fix it for them. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Maybe between the two of you, could you explain why you have to ram your values down our throats constantly. There are plenty of other organizations that would fit you better than this one.

Joe Myers

Joe,

Before I respond to your post, I'll let it sink in a while.

It seems to me that you just said that NACHI is happy with mediocrity...or less and that no one should try to raise the bar.

I'm positive that's not really what you intended to say so I'll read it another ten or twelve times and sleep on it.

For posterity though, I am making a copy.

Originally Posted By: cradan

who spends a great deal of time, mental energy and $ pursuing greater knowledge about building science and better ways to deliver that knowledge to Clients who want or need it, I strongly resent your often unsupported implications and aspersions about one of the Associations I’ve chosen to be a MEMBER of. I personally know of many fellow businesspersons at NACHI who invest the same chunk of themselves in anything but mediocrity, vis-a-vis property inspection.

You and I have already had a brief discussion about the Association you've chosen to be a member of, and the apparent problems that your Association harbors, at least in some quarters. Nonetheless, you'll not find me taking potshots at Dennis or any of your other Association brethren in any public forum. With all due respect, join-up (and help make a positive difference) or shut-up. The MEMBERSHIP seems to be growing tired of sail-filling. We're looking for a bit of red meat from you, sir, and you consistently provide only Quiche. YUCK.

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Geez Chris,

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and refrained from any real comment until he had the opportunity to choose better wording.

Read his post for God's sake.. I didn't say it, your own Joe Myers said it.

Gosh, I try to be magnanimous and I get Chris Radan shoved up my butt.

We talked before? I have no idea who you are ...what'd we talk about?

Originally Posted By: cradan

I was really trying to refer to your constant dogging of this Association’s ED, and was somewhat miffed concerning your implied idea that this Association, or its members, are pursuing inspection mediocrity.

And yes, indeed, you and I briefly discussed one or more of your IHINA brethren that are not, apparently, so "Independent" after all. My point was that even though I know that to be a fact, I don't go harping-on your Association's Director, or, for that matter, any of your Association's membership.

Regarding being up your arse, at 6' 1" and 235 pounds, if you found me up your arse, even Preparation H wouldn't ease THAT kind of pain.

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

I remember.

and "oi, that'd hurt"

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Chad Fabry wrote:

Your comment to Joe Myers is not worth noting.

You are not in his league and will never rise to the caliber of individual that he is.

If you are looking to join an Organization, then join one.

If NACHI does not currently fit your need, there are alternatives.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Chad,

Mediocrity? No, I said that you and Jeff want everyone to be anal retentive. Big difference! ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Yes, we are happy with NACHI as are many others. I have never thought of anyone here being mediocre, or anything less than good inspectors.

Just what level of expertise are you suggesting every inspector needs to achieve a level of professionalism which Jeff and yourself are seeking? Are you saying that every inspector that is not at least as smart as yourselves should not be home inspectors?

I really would like you to answer those questions.

On another subject or two before I go off to bed, I heard that you were asking where I was.

Joe Myers

Quote:
That's one reason I unabashedly sign every post here with my full name and website address. I'm shooting for educated clients.

You and I really have a difference of opinion on that one. I just take it for granted that anyone reading the post is educated enough to click on the profile button under the post so they can read whatever they want about me. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

The manner in which you sign your post is more of a marketing ploy, than an advertisement for your level of education, professionalism or your level of competency.

Have a good day Chad! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers