Unknown items on metal roof

Anyone know what these might be?

Those look like insulated cable standoffs - the type used by telco. Most likely from abandoned phone lines that nobody needs anymore.

2 Likes

They look to me like wire stand-offs for an old TV antenna that would have been mounted on the roof or chimney.

3 Likes

Right! Of course, TV antenna makes more sense - you’d want to keep the wire off the metal roof for several reasons, but RF dissipation would be the main reason. The flat wire slips into the eye, then you twist the insulator to capture the wire.

1 Like

Thanks guy’s. Appreciate your quick response.

1 Like

300 ohm flat lead TV antennae stand off.

1 Like

Agree ^^^^^^

2 Likes

Every house had them before cable TV. I use to turn my antenna with a pair of vise grips reaching out a window. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I remember my Dad having me constantly get up and adjust these. I was also the remote control. :smile:

2 Likes

You too? I thought I was the only one. :joy: I got pretty good at making the foil extensions for ours…

1 Like

We had an antenna tower that we could climb down, being 3 sided, and sneak out after all went to bed.

1 Like

Bring in the different channels.

1 Like

Our TV guy took a small TV up on the roof with him to tune the antenna…great reception. :grin:

2 Likes

We use to get 2 channels one way, turn the antenna, and get two more. :grin:

2 Likes

You all are so lucky to have TV growing up. :tv:

2 Likes

You were lucky!
We had an antenna mounted on a 30 foot pole. I would have to go out and turn the pole until the antenna was pointing in the right direction. This had to be done for almost all of the 6 channels we received! :slight_smile:

1 Like