We applied to FAA for a Section 333 exemption for InterNACHI members to use drones.

We fully expect to have to submit a drone course to get approved as it’s a totally separate skill set.

There are a long line of members who incorrectly predicted we wouldn’t get approved for this or that. I wish I had a nickel for every time someone thought we wouldn’t get approved for something. We just keep proving them wrong: www.nachi.org/approved.htm

I don’t see this one happening Nick. Good on you for trying though. Hopefully, I’m wrong.

I’ll tell you a funny story. Three years ago someone told us that we’d never get NRPP approval for a our radon course. The person explained that if InterNACHI were to get its online radon course approved by NRPP, it would put all the other radon courses out of business and so for that reason, it will never get approved.

Now of course, we ultimately did get approval. But that’s not the funny part of the story. The funny part is that the person who incorrectly predicted that we’d never get NRPP approval… was none other than the head of the NRPP who ultimately issued the approval. :stuck_out_tongue:

:cool: That would work for us!

We’ve explained to the FAA that there is danger in everything, including climbing ladders, and so to only provide exemptions solely for uses that are 100% safe is unrealistic.

I’m expecting that ultimately the solution will include both an InterNACHI safety course component and an insurance component.

Agreed.

Do you know, will the FAA be issuing a drone operators license?

Unless there is software available that acts as a simulator, it seems like any type of drone operational training course would need to be taught out in the middle of a field, at least the practical phases of it would be.

I have been through licensing procedures with the FAA and was required to take a total of 2 years of schooling and then had to pass 9 tests (3 written, 3 oral and 3 practical) just to get my A&P. I very seriously doubt drone training will be that intense, but you never know.

Real pilots are scared to death of losing income, so their lobbyists will push to make it as difficult as possible.

The benefits of InterNACHI march on.

Can you elaborate on what an A&P is? I contacted a local flight school and shouldn’t take long to get a pilot’s license.

Thanks,

Stephen Rager

A&P stands for Airframe & Powerplant.

It’s a license to work on and sign off aircraft, private and commercial, as being airworthiness.

A Pilot license type can vary from being certified to flying a single engine Cessna during daytime only to flying commercial multi-engine passenger aircraft. Obviously the requirements for the latter will be much more in depth.

So many negative nancy’s!

LOL well got a 3 story tomorrow guess what what i am going to do

Appreciate it Nick … I think this is one of the key components in the Future of Home Inspection: you either do it or your competitors that do will leave you behind. IMO

Interesting…

A 2 1/2 pound unit dropping out of the sky with no air drag hits with a 900 pound force.
Can see why there needs to be regulation.

SO Bob what would a 200 lb Home inspector falling of a roof be? apples to apples my man. Lord you guys sure worry a lot .

Maybe when one hits your kid on the head you will worry as well.
Idiots are flying them over crowds of people and so far there are 26 documented injuries.
They get lost all the time.

Do the math

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/flobi.html

What’s the deal if you actually have a pilot’s license ( I have my single engine VFR with a couple of certifications)

There is a flaw in that formula regarding the increase in impact force from the object if it bounces. Maybe they meant impulse, not impact.