Where and How do I find information about history roof installation in property?

I want to know where do i find information about history of roof and opening protection for the wind mitigation inspection, I am currently doing the wind inspection course with inter nachi, and do i require to have those information on the report to proof them? please i need some help with professionals about this type of inspection

Municipal or county code enforcement. Some areas have it(info) online in others you need to call them. Where are you at? Please update your profile to include your service area. You are not likely to find info on the wind protection, at least I can’t.

Hogland’s right, I go to the county building dept website first. If it required a permit they usually have it. The county tax appraiser’s office also often has a list of upgrades. During the periods when the hurricanes came through many jurisdictions suspended the need for permits so some times there is no record. In that case you have to hope the home owner has the documentation.

The opening protection has to come directly from what information the insured has on hand. Unless you want to take alot of time going down to building departments and pulling archived building plans to examine what was used for shuttering. Most windows have the impact rating as a sticker on the top of the window frame, doors on the jamb side. Ditto for garage doors. Most shutters/fabric products will have the label/stamp on them. You then have to go into the Florida product approval database and/or Miami dade product database and make sure they meet impact requirements before you can give a credit.

Thank you guys, Im offering home inspection services in south florida area and currently doing wind inspection, that why i need all this information to give credits to my clients:)

wow…

have you completed the wind mit course with nachi? are you a licensed HI? just asking. just curious, what do you charge to get credits for clients?

yep :slight_smile:

where in SF? id like to copy 5-600 local agents to this thread. haha

Eeeessshhh is more like it!:mrgreen:

05/04/2011

$155.00

Seriously, come on, really. I may start offering heart surgeries, or replacing transmissions for money.

This is why it gets easier and easier for our company to market to agents. Love it.

seriously. its almost too easy

And you guys have Nick to thank for this. He made it anyone can get a license.

Nonsense. I only lobbied on four fronts and none of those four had anything to do with the requirements to get a home inspection license. Those requirements were determined by YOUR legislators in YOUR state. They decided on 120 hours of coursework, a hands-on portion, a licensing fee, a background check, fingerprints, and insurance.

At the Melbourne meeting, when it appeared contractors would be offering free home inspections as lead generators… I promised a room of 200 inspectors… that contractors would be permitted to offer repair services to correct defects they find on home inspections “over my dead body.” You can confirm this with any inspector that was present.

If you want to “thank Nick” for something, you can point to that very public, in-person promise I made from stage with 200 witnesses in the room.

As for our robust Wind Mitigation Inspection course (16 hours long when only 3 hours is required by law)… it has been approved by the Florida Contractor Industry Licensing Board… also just like I promised it would be.

However Chiun, I checked the list of members certified to do Wind Mitigation Inspections: http://www.nachi.org/certified-wind-mitigation.htm You aren’t on it. I recommend that you finish the course soon. It is free and online.

You’ll do fine Chun King, just lower your prices a bit.:wink:

Nonsense. I only lobbied on four fronts and none of those four had anything to do with the requirements to get a home inspection license. Those requirements were determined by YOUR legislators in YOUR state. They decided on 120 hours of coursework, a hands-on portion, a licensing fee, a background check, fingerprints, and insurance.

Lets see. In order to conduct a wind mitigation he needs to be a home inspector and have taken a wind mitigation 3 hour course (of course there are other criteria also, but since he has his license and is a NACHI member I am assuming he is using this route. He may have used the 120 hour route, but is using your course for the wind mits). Your association is the one who allowed so many current inspectors access to obtaining a license through your “proctored” exam, and yes, I know you are going to say that the state allowed it. But now we have many inspectors out there who have never done one inspection. Thank you for that Nick. You have helped our profession attain a much higher level (and yes, that was meant to be sarcastic).

Lets examine this inspector. He is new to the Florida home inspection business (as stated in his first post). We have no idea how long he has been an inspector. His web site has a sample report from 2007 from another state. He is licensed by Florida, but does not list his NACHI affiliation on his web site. His pricing starts at $155.00 and he charges $350.00 for a home that is 7500 square feet. All of this is public knowledge on his web site.

So Nick, fell proud of yourself. You got another member (more money in your pocket) and we got another very qualified inspector out there protecting the public (NOT).

What InterNACHI doesn’t do: Again, InterNACHI doesn’t issue licenses and doesn’t determine the requirements to get them. Contact YOUR state legislator if you want YOUR state’s requirements changed. Currently they are: 120 hours of coursework, a hands-on portion, a licensing fee, a background check, fingerprints, and insurance.

What InterNACHI does do: What InterNACHI does is provide a 16 hour (when only 3 hours is required by law), CILB-approved Wind Mitigation course for its members. We also list everyone who has completed the course here: http://www.nachi.org/certified-wind-mitigation.htm This is the list that four Florida insurance companies use.

His price is really good

Yes Chandler, I am a licensed, Certified and insured inspector and i already finish the Wind mitigation inspection course from Nachi and got the certificate also.