We could use some help (BC)

I am sorry how you continue to get just a little bit of information .
It is not OAHI /CAHPI that I disagree with it is the BOD not following the OAHI/CAHPI rules and proper etiquette.
I do not dislike the associations or its members .
I do disagree with the secret group trying to control all outside the Home inspectors ( That includes Jason ) .
I do also not have any dislikes for non members visiting and posting on our BB . But when you or any one else knocks my association in our domain it is wrong bad taste and improper. I could care less what you do in your home or outside but please understand and behave your self.
Roy Cooke A Happy NACHI member

[quote=Jason1]

[quote=rcooke]
Sorry I have not had a chance to read Rays Post but lets assume he says exactly the same as you well to me that is OK.

[quote]

**So, what you’re saying is that the only thing separating a valid poster from one who is not is $289.00 (U.S.D. of course)?:slight_smile: :roll: **

High standards Roy, solid argument you have there. Again, look outside your own four walls once in a while.

[quote]
When in some one’s home I will treat it and them with respest .

I keep trying to hope you have some smarts and have the ability to show them but you just keep trying to show how silly you are .
To bad for you .

But it’s OK for Ray to do it? Double standard Roy. Good job.

Do you realize you haven’t added one useful response to the original poster’s question, all you have managed to do is attack me, and show everyone what you are really made of with your double standards.

Do you have anything to add to Terry’s question, or do you want to attack me some more for having an opinion that is shared by many here?

If you look above it was you who are the one who started this discussion by attacking my Association .
You then say I am wrong for standing up for my association .
You can not see it is you who has come into our home attacked our association and you are correct in doing it and I am wrong for protecting my association .
Well you can have the last word It seems I can not reason with a silly person .
Roy Cooke A happy NACH member .
“Do you realize you haven’t added one useful response” quote of Jasons.

Do you jason realize you have not added one usefull bit of information on
any of your post’s on the NACHI BB

Didn’t think so.

One more time…

On the OAHI renewal form (2007) which states the following…

1. I acknowledge that I have not been performing paid home inspections, advertising same or using the names, Ontario Association of Home Inspector, OAHI, CAHPI-Ontario, Registered Home Inspector, RHI, or their logos. **I further agree not to use Certified Home Inspector or CHI as indicated by my initials herewith.

Very strange request seeing as the by-laws have no force or effect on the request. Also the by-laws don’t grant the power for OAHI to enforce what they are asking members to sign!

I guess this is another indication that Nachi and those that wish to hold dual memberships will not be tolerated by OAHI contrary to what Claude and posse say, via the National, which is suppose open and fair, and an open to any inspector of any association.**

I agree Ray OAHI has been so unfair to many members and still has not answered my Charge that I made against one of the Directors…
I am led to believe that I for sure am not the only one with outstanding complaints.
I still have not had the courtesy of a reply from my Phone Call and email I sent to the CAHPI President offering a Free both to CAHPI and all CAHPI members the opportunity to attend the NACHI Toronto Conference next May at NACHI members rates.
Again both OAHI and CAHPI rules state that they are to co-operate with all Home inspectors and their associations.
Why am I not surprised OAHI BOD has ignored proper procedures before . With luck the membership will get and change for a new more sensible BOD and we all can get together for improving the Home Inspection Industry in Canada.
Roy Cooke

Not to distract from your broken record speech on OAHI/CAHPI problems, but what does any of it have to do with Terry’s original post?

Welcome Back Dave you just can not stay away .
I must say you fooled me for a while but you let your self slip.
You just can not stay away from the NACHI site they removed you once back when you used your own Name Dave Bottoms.
You every so often try and slip in and show you hate for Ray Roy and NICK.
You Know there has never been any one else but you who does not at some time give a bit of help to other Home inspectors .
You Really are one sick puppie Almost 9 years donig home inspections and have not completed 150 inspections .
I must say you have a way with words but sure must be a lousy inspector .
I often wonder you are so jealous of NACHI and its members.
Sorry Dave I will not get in a discusion with you .
Do your thing talk to your self .
Roy Cooke A Happy NACHI Member .

](*,) Well Roy, I guess that beats answering the question.

I want to apologize to Terry for this thread going to hell, I tried to stay on topic but Roy can’t stand anyone having a different point of view from his.

Roy you are doing a great job of keeping Canadian home inspectors away from this board and away from becoming NACHI members. Good job.

That was your intent, right?:roll:
</IMG></IMG>

Dave,

Maybe you can answer my question, here it is again. It has to do with Terry’s concerns that Nachi is not protecting its members from competing prosecuting associations that say one thing publicly and do another under the guise of warrantless by-laws. Contrary to what the National stands for we can see for ourselves OAHI-CAHPI has no intent of practicing what Claude wants us to all believe.

One more time…

On the OAHI renewal form (2007) which states the following…

1. I acknowledge that I have not been performing paid home inspections, advertising same or using the names, Ontario Association of Home Inspector, OAHI, CAHPI-Ontario, Registered Home Inspector, RHI, or their logos. **I further agree not to use Certified Home Inspector or CHI as indicated by my initials herewith.

Very strange request seeing as the by-laws have no force or effect on the request. Also the by-laws don’t grant the power for OAHI to enforce what they are asking members to sign!

I guess this is another indication that Nachi and those that wish to hold dual memberships will not be tolerated by OAHI contrary to what Claude and posse say, via the National, which is suppose open and fair, and an open to any inspector of any association.**

My recommendation, get a B.C chapter up and running. Have it registered with the local trade board, they have a lot of clout. Have some top notch guys who know their stuff in the P.R. Dept. direct any questions reporters or agents have to these guys. Once they talk to them for a bit they’ll realize that NACHI members are not the dolts that they are made out to be.
I also recommend you get educational seminars going and invite everyone to them and get involved with charitable activities such as having free BBQ’s at Habitat for Humanity and get involved with other related charities such as SOS Villages Canada.Promote these activities to the local press. Get guys to write articles in newspapers big dailies or small independents making sure you promote NACHI in bylines.If you have those public access T.V channels they usually have Real Estate shows on them get on it and show them what is involved in a home inspection. Do promotions at large real estate offices and home shows.
Always display NACHI logos prominently and always have everyone behave professionally in public.
There is a lot that can be done but unfortunately positives do not happen overnight unlike a negative. It will take time to reverse any attitudes or damage that has been done.
I wish you guys luck and offer any help that I can give.

You can have all that but it ain’t much good if one is not going to get the head office to back you up. Besides its a little late to play catch up with ASTTBC and CAHPI in BC. The Genie is out of the bottle. If Nachi Canada had the same zeal as Nick does with ASHI state side we most likely would not be facing the problem Nachi has in BC and Ontario and God knows what other provinces.

No offence to you Gerry, just my musings as sobering as they are.

There’s a NACHI Canada?

…and I ask you; there’s a Nachi Ontario? :wink:

That I cannot answer but there is Nachi Toronto.

Damn my smilies ain’t working. So I’ll say wink.

But seriously is there a NACHI Canada or did it fold or something.

Gerry

I can’t answer the question, so I will let others answer. Hopefully someone will know.

Cheers,

O.k
My curiosity is peaked., So I have to ask the question.This goes out to everyone.
Is there any sort of organization here in Canada?

Nope all associations are disagreeing with each other and them selves .
Its the Canadian way,
and they all lie. Some more then others
Roy Cooke

So basically the is no National Nachi looking out for our interests other than the U.S national.
Then the next question is why can’t we start one here?