web site

Well hello fellow members, This is great, I feel like I’m not alone anymore. Question on how to go about a web site, who do I go to to make one and how is it that customers will find my site? I’m kinda new to web sites. Help and thanks

Try Roberta Dulay. She’s done mine and several other NACHI members websites as well.

http://www.realtysites.info/

Good Luck!

Brain,

If you have any computer knowledge at all, you can build your own and save money at godaddy.com.

Site optimization advice can be obtained for free from people/software like web ceo etc.

One I just learned about from another member’s post is www.citymax.com . Has an incredible amount of options built in for only $20 a month.

www.citymax.com

Current Website Service Include:

• 500 Web Pages
  • 500 Photo Album Photos
  • 1 Shopping Cart
  • 500 Products
  • 5 Email Accounts
  • 50 MB of file space
  • Community Features (Message Board, Guest Book, Recommend Site)
  • Email Features (Mailing List, Auto Responder)
  • Interactive Features (Custom Forms, Polls)
    *]Publishing Features (Calendar, Articles, Releases, Maps)
    Plus a ten day free trial an alot more

Yup! Thanks for writing all that out. :slight_smile:

Incredible. The message board feature is huge for that amount of money, not to mention the autoresponders, checkout/shopping cart features, etc…

It gave me a bazillion ideas. :slight_smile:

Roberta has been very helpful with my site.

Roberta is with out a doubt a great person to deal with, she has helped me more than anyone else probably would. I just spent about half an hour with her on the phone and she readily gave me some great advise on how to make my website rank higher.

I’ve never dealt with anyone more professional…
http://www.nachi.cc/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=8739&view=previous

For the money, I would go with Roberta.

$20/month sounds a bit steep to be doing everything yourself and still have to worry about search engine placement. What’s the point in having a web site if no one can find it?

Roberta solves these problems and then some.

I believe Roberta has several options and can get you going for under $100

I recently booked an inspection for a client who is a web designer. They used me based strictly on my web site… created by none other than Roberta Dulay.

I just got done with my website tonight. I used Go Daddy for everything – domain, hosting, site designer. I looked at Realty Sites, but it just seemed like everybody’s site looked so similar.

I’m OK with what I came up with on my own using their templates, and you can’t beat their prices, but I don’t think I’d use them again. Their DIY designer (“Website Tonight”) leaves some things to be desired. No subheadings under links was one major annoyance.

I just browsed around City Max a little bit, and I was impressed. Might be asking for a refund from Go Daddy…

Randy Hooser
TREC #6865
www.cornerstoneinspectionsdfw.com

Roberta ROCKS:D :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Brian,

Just so you know you can get a free web site set up through InspectorPages (a members-only benefit) until you get a more full-fledged site up.