What is this type of roof?

Does anyone know what type of roof this is. Been doing inspections for over 20 years and never seen this before. Feels and comes apart like cardboard. The underside of the roof, as viewed from the attic is wet. Help?


Need to put in your location so someone in the area you are in and might have come across this can answer.

Looks like Cal-shake roof. Simulated shake roof. Made out of compressed particles and very brittle when older. Could be that or a variation of it.

Looks like Woodruff, a fibre-based product with a 15 year guarantee that is no longer manufactured.


similar to wood shingles I think, but I don’t know is it ot it’s not


I never saw this type of roof.