Which Extendable Ladder?

A guy was carrying a ladder on a truck one time and got hurt in an accident. So I have concluded that trucks are a hazardous method to transport ladders. But the OP didn’t ask that question either…

I had a 22 foot LG ladder slide out on me at full extension just over a year ago. I was standing on a rung at 12 feet and it dumped me onto a hardwood over concrete floor. My Telesteps would not have slid under the same conditions (although you can’t reach an 18 foot ceiling from one either). Nevermind that it was my fault - almost all ladder accidents are the user’s fault - but now you can’t claim to have not heard of any one complaining about LG causing them to be hurt.

That happened to me on a tile floor coming out of an attic. I was lucky and caught myself with my hands and caught the ladder with my foot. I had to ask the agent to hold the ladder for me to get down. From that day forward I keep a rubber backed carpet square in the van to set the ladder on.

The carpet pad is a great idea. My telesteps have silicone feet and they are very slip resistant. My LG now has new feet, but I think I’ll add a square of carpet padding to my truck too.

I just got a set of telesteps, and I like them… still getting used to them! I carry 2 carpet squares they also double and triple for a landing pad at the entry (garage or front) door usually. I can stand inside on my carpet and put on my booties. and I also throw one down in front of the dead front, when inspecting SP, every little bit helps if something unforeseen were to happen. BTW I still check DF with sniffer and other safety procedures noted here in a recently resurrected post from '06. :wink: Todays inspection had a sharp screw installed which lightly abraded a conductor. I didn’t see it as an issue, but a close call and reminder of what could be behind DF.

I just use the rubber floor mat from the backset of the 4runner :slight_smile:

You want an Xtend and Climb.

Home Depot sells a knock off that is a death trap waiting to happen.

I have this ladder for indoors and a extension ladder for out doors

I got it on amazon for around 75 bucks, works great for me.
Just watch your fingers, and get a small bunjee cord or small tie down strap to wrap around it when carrying so the legs dont pop out on you.

Ive never used the telescoping kind as im about 6’1’ 270 pounds and most of them cant handle how solid I am lol

The new ones have a “anti-pinch” feature. It works great as long as you start breaking the ladder down from the top rung.

Xtend & Climb 780P Aluminum Telescoping Ladder Type IA Professional Series, 12.5-Foot

This is my preferred ladder for the last 18 months. It has never failed me and gets out on every inspection. It weighs 32 lbs vs 55 lbs for my articulating ladder.

Do NOT buy the off or no-name brand.