Wind Mitigation Information $6.50

I do a permit search on all wind mits and 4 points. In most cases the Property Appraisers has the info. I copy and paste the Prop. Appr. info on the house to the WM anyway.

If I do not locate the permit, I inform the client and let them know additional research is their responsability. If they locate the permit and it qualifies, I update the report at no additional charge.

Their happy, I’m happy, & the agent is happy. :slight_smile:

As it should be.

Our office locates permits on all properties. This is for wind mits, four points and home inspections. It is easy to do while sitting in an office, not so easy if you are always running to an appointment. Some jurisdictions like requests by fax, some via email, some voice mail. It is nice to send them a list and they send it back with all the pertinent info. When we have an occasion to visit the jurisdictions office we bring something good, like donuts or candy. I can tell you we never have an issue with those offices.

My clients never seem to have a problem getting the information they should have at the inspection for me to verify once I tell them how to get it.

Some of ours are online, others require phone calls or faxes. Most of them know our office and we never have a problem.

We always do it and get more inspections because some inspector tell the homeowner they need to provide. I just had one on thursday where the lady paid our higher price because we did the research. If my office couldnt handle it (or if I didnt have office staff) I would use a system like Russ is talking about.

I have offered the service for a fee and none seem to take me up on it. It seems all feel that they can contact their local building department and ask for a Roof Permit History Report by themselves and save the money. Then then they just send it to me and I amend their report.

I have done it free for a few who I did not think could handle the task.

Russ,
In my area every thing is on line but for a few times that they suspended permits for storm repairs, can she find info on those?

I recently took the InterNACHI Wind Mitigation Course for three purposes, the first for CE credits for InterNACHI, the second for CE credits for the State of Florida, and the third for Certification to perform Wind Mitigation Reports in the State of Florida.

Question 1: Does the Florida DBPR accept CE Credits from InterNACHI and if so who reports to them that the course has been completed.

Question 2. Do I need an approval letter or certification number from the Florida DBPR to perform Wind Mitigation Reports in the State of Florida.

Can you help me?
Clinton J. Ford MS…

Clinton, Please update you info so we know what area you cover.

As far as I know you need to only put you license number on the form and have taken the course. Nowhere does it ask for the course info but I would keep it handy in-case someone wants. it.

I requested, over the phone, information from the St Johns County Building Department for roof permit information. The county does have permit information online, but it is not the easiest system to maneuver around. I could not locate the information online. I asked the person on the other end if they could give me the permit information, she said she could but it will cost me an administrative fee of $53.00/ hour. So the homeowner will not get credit for a newer that 2001 re-roof. (I don’t think that a permit was pulled)