27 Dead including 18 Children

There is the above argument…

Guns are successfully used for self defense all the time.
12/14/12, 77-year-old Atlanta grandmother shoots burglar in her home.
12/13/12, 81 year old Detroit man fights off intruder with.22 pistol.
12/13/12, Texas Store clerk shoots knife weilding robber.
12/12/12, Kansas Homeowner shoots intruder after being attacked.
12/12/12, Pistol packing lady stops armed robbery in Wyoming.
12/11/12, California homeowner shoots burglar.
12/12/12, Armed robber in Ohio is shot by store clerk.
12/10/12, Homeowner in California defends home with pistol against 3 burglars.
12/09/12, Senior Concealed Carrier takes on 2 robbers.
12/06/12, Burglar calls 911 when Texas homeowner holds him at gunpoint for police.
12/06/12, Armed employee stops armed robbery of Autozone.
12/05/12, 79-year-old Texas man defeats armed robber.
12/05/12, Michigan store clerk shoots armed robber.
12/04/12, Indiana gas station clerk shoots 1 of 2 would be robbers.
12/01/12, Tennessee homeowner shoots violent home invader.
The list goes on and on and on of the majority (law abiding citizens) defending themselfs from the minority (criminals and psychopaths). Why on earth would we want to take away someone’s ability to defend themselves?

Another comment on the other side…

Another gun owner uses his gun for a purpose he never intended when he purchased it. In fact, hand gun owners are much more likely to have a gun used by themselves or a family member to commit suicide, murder, or accidentally shoot someone they know than use it for self defense.

Ask yourself this question: How many people do you know that used a gun to thwart a crime.
Now ask yourself a second question: How many people do you know who have used a gun to hurt a relative of acquaintance or commit suicide?

That should tell you something about how guns are used

This is such a shame. My thoughts are with the parents and kids.

A political discussion is not needed at this time.

Agree on both points.

Take the gun control debate over to the NFE section.

People have lost their children today. They will go home tonight to look at gifts under the Christmas tree that will never be opened.

That is what is important here and now. Not debate.

Agreed. My bad.

Mother and brother of suspected school shooter found dead

Shooters father also found dead.

Exactly Our Prayers go out to the families and friends of those who lost there lives today.

This saddens me to my soul, murdering children is an evil outside the realm of human empathy and beyond redemption.

Fox news is reporting that the shooter’s father is alive.

This will settle out eventually.

This is a very sad & tragic day for all Americans. What are we becoming as a nation?

God bless all of those who have lost loved ones (mostly babies) to this despicable act of evil.

What a sad day! Why are children used as targets by whackos. My deepest sympathy goes out to the families of the victims.

G.

I am not sure what I’d do if my son was murdered. I will be praying for everyone involved. I feel horrible for the children who witnessed this. The whole thing is such a tragedy.

Apparently the scumbag killed his mother and her entire class.

Extremely shocking. Deeply saddened. RIP.

Incomprehensible… as a father of three this event has made me sick to my stomach. My thoughts and prayers go out to the innocent children, their families and friends that have had their lives changed forever today because of this monster in CT.

When the time is right, we, as an association should collect donations for the families. It’s the very least we can do.

Very sad day today.

There is a very slim chance that anyone knows for sure what drove this man to this crime.
Many that I spoke with today feel that justice was robbed when he turned the gun on himself. But what form of punishment justifies the slaughter of so many young children.

I was talking to my brother about this and he made a comment about how the shooters general turn the gun on themselves once they are done

He recalled seeing a case study on the ability to hypnotize an individual to perform a shooting and then take their own life in the end.