A slow death for florida home inspectors

How will having a license make you a better home inspector?..or are you just another one of these guys who thinks that it is the “other guy” who needs to be controlled by politicians?

No where did I say licensing makes you a better inspector, No where.

What I have been saying is there are other licenses out there who can do home inspections by way of their license.

A law was passed to even the playing field. If we continue maybe we can get other laws passed that will allow us to do termite insp too. Maybe other ancillary insp that home inspectors by law are shut out of… with licensing we can control our destiny, get a seat at the table at least.

From what I have been reading, other states were forced into licensing. When the smoked cleared, Home Inspectors were controlled by other entities.

The fire has been lit, Home inspectors should be the one putting it out. Not realtors, not insurance co’s, not termite co,s, and certainly not G.C.'s.

LOL.

You want to strip those who own home inspection businesses from the freedom of running their own businesses and give it to the state…to keep them from being controlled by real estate salesmen…who spend more PAC money controlling state government than most others? That’s a good one

If you want your competitors to tell you how to do a home inspection…why wait for licensing to form a board of them? Just call them, today, and ask them what it is that they want you to do from now on. I’m sure they will oblige.

.

Mr. Bushhart…you are not in Kansas anymore.

Your arguments against licensing are spot on. But licensing is here, it has always been here, it is not going away.

You have to have a seat at the table to be able to control your own destiny. If not, your licensed competition will regulate you right out of business.

There is no table, the state did not give us one. This is my biggest issue with the licensing. You keep talking about it but we have none. We have zero control over what is going on. Zero, nada, zilch. “No taxation without representation!”

Yes it is. The fight to keep it away will not stop…but this law is toast.

John. Be careful what you wish for. Even if there were to become a “table” or Board of Home Inspectors, it would still be unlikely that we would have a meaningful seat at that table. It would likely be stacked with a realtor, contractor, Insurance agent, electrician, HVAC tech, plumber, and politician., and maybe a home inspector. It would be unlikely that we would have any control- even with a “table”. If licensing remains in effect, I will take my changes with DBPR running us- rather than some board stacked against us.

You’re wrong…there’s a coalition out there trying to do what should of been done years ago. I suspect they will not go away if licensing continues. If our licensed is repealed, what would be the point.

I have heard the arguments against this coalition… But right now it’s all we got. Certain Nachi members are on top of things and as far as I am concerned they are keeping them in Check.

Believe this when I tell ya…the message is being heard loud and clear. I had a short chat with the second in command of the house over the weekend. I also had an even shorter chat with one of the top guys in the Senate. Politicians do a lot of double talk but the one thing i was told is there is 1 powerful lobby out there against licensing.
And they have a license…

And that you can take to the bank.

I would agree a stacked board would be worse than no board.

Are you talking about the coalition with a Realtor in charge? WOW

The fact remains it is a seat…we have input…they at least have to listen…

There you go John, I didn’t know a realtor was in charge. I thought they were different home inspection org. with a home inspector/contractor thrown in to keep the piece.

Again there are very influential Nachi members standing over these guys with a club. I as a Home Inspector trust these guys even if they don’t agree with me.

The problem as I see it is which one of these guys are we as Nachi members are we going to elect to represent us at the table.

Tom.

Why do you want to be someone else’s chump?

Why do you want to sit at their table.

Why do you not want to run your own business.

If your only problem is no license so you feel you will not be able to do wind mits get a R.C. license.

Hell i will even help you if I can.

Wind mits are not worth having someone else in charge of you and your business.

To everyone else if it gets Repealed please never let it happen again.

Once it is finalized and we have to have a license then we are the States Bit-h for life. No if ands or or’s about it. They will be in charge.

Tom please answer why you do not take all this pent up energy and just get your G.C. license?

The guy in charge is an Inspector, Realtor and on the Home Builders Association. He used to be a builder. Not a bad, guy but is that who you want in charge?

My issue is not really with him though.

Not really, I prefer Greg, steve, brian, Russell, Joe, you, Someone with some stones but someone who can negotiate too.

Ideally someone who has been through this before and knows what is possible and what is not…

You got to admit that guy has all the bases covered…I would rather have someone in charge who knows which hat he is wearing.

Then how did any of us make it for all of these years prior to licensing, when anyone and everyone could put a flashlight on their belt and claim to be a professional home inspector?

Sorry, licensing changes nothing, and as one other says, solves nothing.

Sorry but we are in different times now…Home inspectors successfully fought off unfair competition in the past. I am not so sure we can do it again unless we acquire a different license.

Trading one license for another as some have suggested seems hypocritical in my opinion.

What a F u c k i n g dummy. You just don’t get it do you???

No he does not.

He should know by now if everyone is agreeing with me on it then I MUST be correct. :slight_smile:

cmon over here, you and your new found butt buddy can tag team me over there…