After 33 years, ASHI adopts its first entrance requirement.

After 33 years, ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors has adopted its first entrance requirement. For years ASHI has been known as “diploma mill ASHI” for allowing anyone with nothing more than a valid credit card to join via their 35-second online application.

Tired of being known as diploma mill ASHI, today ASHI announced that it has removed the “come only with a valid credit card” online application from its website.

I congratulate ASHI for its decision to adopt entrance requirements (other than a valid credit card) and for its decision to take down its 35-second “Shazam! You’re an inspector!” online application.

What you talkin’ about Willis? :smiley:

Joe,
Your reply sounds like something that Henry David Thoreau would say**;-)-:p-:mrgreen:**

"I know of no more encouraging fact than the
unquestioned ability of a man to elevate his
**life by conscious endeavor." ~ Henry David Thoreau **

Nick,
So … Now whatta we gonna do… {Due? Dues-$?} How do we apply fo ASHI member$hip?:wink:

I am proud of ASHI for finally adopting some entrance requirements and taking down that Shazam! online application that asks for nothing more than a valid credit card.

That 35-second, online application was an embarrassment to our industry.

Great that valid credit card thing has kept me away.
Time to sign up, boys.

One now must take and pass their entrance exam first. You now can’t just join online without ever having passed anything, any longer.

ASHI is also adopting other requirements, similar to InterNACHI’s www.nachi.org/rigorous2006.htm , but for now, their online application has been removed from their site, thank goodness.

Doggone it! Now… whatta ya gonna do?

I had my Credit card all polished up and ready to go!:wink:

I’m so pleased that they took down their diploma mill online application.

It looks like they put it back up.

Fill out the on-line application form
Send or fax a picture ID to ASHI
Include payment by credit card or check (In addition to the regular ASHI dues new members are required to pay a one time only application fee of $100.00. If you choose the monthly payment plan, there is an additional one time fee of $25.00.)

So why is it me who has to fact check this? :roll::roll:

ASHI online application

**How to Join ASHI

**Joining ASHI is your first step towards receiving recognition as a certified home inspector. The entry level of membership is the Associate Member, which is available to anyone interested in the profession of home inspection, and who qualifies under ASHI guidelines.

• Fill out the on-line application form

• Send or fax a picture ID to ASHI

• Include payment by credit card or check (In addition to the regular ASHI dues new members are required to pay a one time only application fee of $100.00. If you choose the monthly payment plan, there is an additional one time fee of $25.00.)

Once you have been approved for ASHI membership, you can use the oral and written statement “I am an Associate Member of ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors)”. Once you have 1) completed 50 home inspections and had a sampling of 5 inspections verified to be in substantial compliance with the ASHI Standards of Practice, 2) passed the National Home Inspector Examination and 3) passed the ASHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics education module you have earned the right to use the ASHI logo with Associate Logo. Once you have completed 250 inspections you have the right to use the ASHI logo with ASHI Certified Inspector.

I’ll take the post down if Nick’s post becomes true. A1

Nick, why don’t you take away some of A$HI’s business like I have been explaining to you how in my last few emails? Why let them embarrass the profession anymore?

I read this

Than this

I’m confused:freaked-:

ASHI is no longer a diploma mill and I won’t be referring to them as diploma mill ASHI any longer.

Today they adopted entrance requirements and took down their “require nothing” online application.

Come on now guys this is Nick AND… April fools :|.):mwa-hah:=D>:lol:

Just wondering how they sample 5 reports.
You would need permission from the client ,would you not?

Bob, Block out client name & address.

Ray caught me. :smiley:

APRIL FOOLS!

Diploma mill ASHI still has ZERO entrance requirements and anyone can still join with nothing more than a valid credit card using their 35-second online application which is still up: http://www.homeinspector.org/join/application/default.aspx

Gosh Darn it Nick, You had me going there for a minute.

Kevin M. Leonard
“ASHI Cerified Inspector”
“NACHI Certified Inspector”
“CMI”
“IAC2 Certified”