Becomes an inspector in May of this year, now has 6 employees.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://image.truckinweb.com/f/events/1109tr_2011_danger_zone_custom_truck_show/33209791+w200/1109tr-20+danger-zone-custom-truck-show+porta-potty-on-22s.jpg&sa=X&ei=GJ-uTtb8CoKMgwf_tNzKDw&ved=0CAwQ8wc4gAE&usg=AFQjCNHyoPl8FjArk_y-VdcceR3aq-rtqA

Something isn’t right here. Numbers do not add up.

I’d pass on this business model. Low ball pricing, IMO inspectors fighting over scraps. Minus is more than the positive here.

Also liability is likely sky high for everyone involved.

I’m glad I moved from FL over 10 years ago. It sounds like it’s a mix between a circus and science project down there.

BTW, I had 3 guys working for me in the boom. I slowly brought them on and trained them. Hiring 6 people in 5 months in this business = (fill in blank here).

His inspectors (all InterNACHI members) do a lot of insurance inspections… and I mean A LOT.

like I said, Maybe as a contractor I will just hire some min wage guys and charge $50 bucks a pop. I bet I would do ALOT as well.

Not without insurance you won’t!!! :twisted:

Too bad they can’t/don’t do home inspections.

So when are they eligible to become **CMI **??? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow 7.25 cents per sq ft on a 4000 sq ft home.
8.80 on a 3000 sq ft home
9.60 on a 2500 sq ft home
10.75 on a 2000 sq ft home

My minimum price is $250.00

Now I know where I lost the 4200 sq ft plus 3 car garage, he’s more that $300 cheaper than me.

To all of you with your negative posts…

You sit around and wait for your all-mighty full home inspections to just flow on in, since in your all-knowing minds the real estate market is rebounding…

I only do full home inspections when forced to. I am not interested in them. I have focused my business model on a large volume of insurance inspections. The market has set the price for these, not me.

We are able to keep inspectors busy with 30+ insurnace inspections a week. They get paid on the average $50. per inspection… You do the math… Lets see how many of you are grossing $1500+ per week! And I keep their inspections located in a tight geographic area, minimizing their travel expenses.

Obviously you have your way of doing business & I have mine. I wish you all well while you wait for the real estate market to rebound, but myself, I prefer to focus my business the way I do.

As to the insinuations that my inspections & reports are inferior, take a challenge… I will send sample reports to Nick Gromicko & you do the same & we can see whose inspections & reports are superior… Anyone willing to stand up to the challenge?

Stop blasting someone with a different way of doing business. In the words of Albert Einstein: “Positive change comes about through constructive criticism”, but oops, what yor all have to blog is nothing remotely of that nature.

Wishing you all the best in spite or your bashing of my company.

Ken Wild
Florida Central Home Inspections

Mike,
Why not shut your pie hole when you don’t know what your are talking about. My inspectors are all Florida licensed & insured & InterNACHI certified. Are you? just asking. From the time my inspectors leave their house till they get home they average at least $40 per hour. Let’s see your 1040. If you had more work to do, maybe you would not live on this website.

I understand doing what you need to do and wish you luck.

You need to remember that it is just as likely someone will walk in and offer the same services that you and your team perform for $20 less. They can and will if they have less overhead than you and currently need to feed their families.

Our economy is heading that way so save it while you can. Well it is really is here now, all that matters to people about insurance inspections is price. Sad but very true.

Any who work with agents remember they are definitely not loyal to you unless you are compensating them in some way. Don’t even say with your quality and service.

Aubrey,
Like I posted… I don’t do full home inspections unless forced to by a friend or business associate. I don’t want your business. I cannot handle what I have without hiring a lot more inspectors. I am not competition, just working a different market.

Mike,
You suck with your insinuations concerning quality & service not being up to par with our inspections. Put your money where your mouth is. How about we wager $1000. (which you being highly successful is a drop in a bucket) that I can give a list of 20 insurance agencies I do business with, you give 20 references, let someone from NACHI call to rate quality & service & the one with the highest rating gets the loser’s $1000. The loser gets to pay NACHI for their time & expenses to do such. You will not demean me, question my integrity on an industry website nor insinuate my quality of work without me standing up. You man enough Mike? Or just all bluster? I guess just bluster…

Show me were I said this."You suck with your insinuations concerning quality & service not being up to par with our inspections. "

I just say an insurance inspection is an insurance inspection. The customers care nothing about quality or service. The want a cheap inspection that is hopefully wrong in some way to bennifit them.

I never critisised your quality as I have never seen your product.

So now who sucks fool. I never said sh-t. So now lets see who is a man. A real man would admit to running his mouth and being wrong.

And i do not care what anyone thinks except my customers and they are happy or at least seem to be.

Kenneth I understand you frustration but I have a question?

If your focus is not full home inspections then why don’t you price them for fair market value?

You should also consider your value of the service you provide as well. Not pricing them fairly can reflect as an insult to the industry as a whole and obviously isn’t making you any friends.

Bob Elliott,
Do not quesiton my & my inspectors qualifications & ability on a business forum, unless are are will to stand behing your insinuations. Sit at home with your Hummer in the driveway, probably a week from being reposessed & throw rocks at others. An apology for your ignorance is in order, but of course not expected from someone whom does not think before they blog…

Oh hell I agree with Sean.

I feel the same way about them as you Kenneth and that is why I charge way more. I really do not want them and when I do get them at least I make 1/2 of what I should for the time :slight_smile: I feel home inspections are terribly under-priced for the amount of work that needs to be done.

I am still waiting on mine from you.