Brian editing messages again

Originally Posted By: jmyers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Bob P.

Ok, you wanted proof Brian is editing messages again. Go to the Insurance/Legal/Advertising/PR section and click on the ASHI NATIONAL OPPOSES CHANGES IN NJ LAW?????

Take a look at my post toward the bottom of the thread.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jremas

Joe, I replied to Brian’s editing.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Robert Patterson

Joe,

You ain't gonna' like this. But what Brian was doing was stating not to turn the post into a NACHI Ad. I have to agree with him. It is a fine line, but the discussion was on ASHI and the NJ law. It would be okay to objectively compare what NACHI is doing, but to try and actively recruit is wrong. The problem is, what did he edit? I don't know.

JMHO.

Bob

Originally Posted By: jremas

If it was a pro-NACHI item he deleted (don’t know) then he needs to go to every single topic and edit any reference to any other organization or product. He should go to the “reports” thread and delete any post that is a pro ITA or Inspectit or Home-Pro reporting system. He needs to go to the “insurance” thread and edit any posts that recommend or promote FREA, etc, etc, etc. I think you get my drift. This needs to be a blanket policy, not specific to NACHI. I see your point Bob, but I don’t entirely agree.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Brian Maloney

Which Brian are you talking about and what was the issue? Put his last Initial on so not confused with us other Brians. (I don’t like to use my last initial… guess why.)

Brian Maloney, NACHI

Valley Forge Chapter

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Brian M.

The string is about Brian H’s editing of Joe M’s Posts on The IN BB.

If you're still confused Brian Hannigan is the dictator, sorry I mean moderator over at www.inspectionnews.com he reserves the right to edit strings that overtly are "selling" anything. and he has edited posts by both myself and Joe Myers, and our illustrious leader Nick G. is banned for life.

Such is the price of fame ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

I could only find one association, ASHI, under their “associationS” tab. Do they not cover or refer to all the associations?

Brian Maloney, NACHI

Valley Forge Chapter

Originally Posted By: dbush

Brian, their tabs are a little misleading. They will come up, but you have to scroll down after opening the associations tab. NACHI is listed on there.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Thanks, I’ll try again.

Brian Maloney, NACHI

Valley Forge Chapter

If you want to know what was deleted I can certainly help you with that. Here it is:

"In closing I would like to clarify my hidden agenda with this statement
so no one here will be mistaken about my intentions. "The following has been a pre-paid advertisement for
NACHI.ORG." ...........ROTFLMAO!!"

This was a response to another person that posted a message on this thread accusing me and other NACHI members of having a hidden agenda for replying to this thread. Since it is clear to all of us that ASHI national knows about the laws that are passed on the state level I posted some information that makes it clear that ASHI national wants nothing more than to be king of the hill. Cut off the competition, charge new inspectors getting into the business an arm and a leg, then charge as much as they can for their service. All of that under the disguise of protecting the consumer that ends up getting screwed.

If anyone cares to venture over there if you take a look at the links I posted you can read it for yourself. ASHI ranks the NJ law at the top. Wonder where they will rank it after this amendment is passed.

And no...I don't believe that every inspector in NJ wanted or agreed to this. From what one member has stated they pretty much did what they wanted and did not bother listening to what the other ASHI members wanted.

Joe Myers

Sorry Joe,

I got to go with Brian H on this one. That thread is not a place for ads for another org.

Bob

Bob,

It was a joke, just so happens I was watching one of those hour long pre-paid advertisements on TV eariler in the day...and that thought came into my head when he said about the hidden agenda.

It was not meant as advertising. On several occasions I had placed the ASHI name eariler in that same thread. Would that not be considered advertising? Sure it would, even mentioning any of the names is advertising to some degree. Notice only NACHI disappeared! ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: nlewis

Joe,

Can I assume the infomercial was for either the thigh master or a crunch machine? Maybe has something to do with donuts?

Neal,

It was one of those knife sets that will cut up your car and still be sharp enough to slice a tomato! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Baghdad Brian’s Board isn’t all bad. Like an Iraqi paper, you can probably trust the weather section.

I might be a little biased as Brian didn't just delete my posts, he edited them to fool his readers into thinking I said something I didn't.

Let's face it. InspectionNAZInews is essentially an ASHI board and Brian is on their payroll.

I can pull post after post of ASHI members touting their association. Where was Goebels (oops I mean Brain) then?

This NACHI board is open to all: Members, non-members, non-inspectors, ASHI members, NACHI bashers, and Brian himself can come on here and say what they will. Let no truth or opinion (or joke) be censored.

Nick (proud member of the banned-for-life club).

ps On InspectioNAZInews, stick to plumbing...or the weather.

Joe M,

Try what Brian H says, start a different thread on NACHI and see what happens.

Bob

Bob,

Freedom....good!

Censorship....bad. ![icon_sad.gif](upload://nMBtKsE7kuDHGvTX96IWpBt1rTb.gif)

Joe Myers

This is one time I’m glad I’m across country from Joe M. Joe, I think he had a point, try and do a thread on NACHI, see if he edits it. His reason was to remain on topic.

Bob

Bob,

You can read what I wrote above. Brian stated to me that he deleted it because of the advertising overtone. If that is the case there are plenty of other references to other associations, products, software, gadgets and companies there also. I ask that fair is fair. If you delete one, delete them all. This is simple and fair. I even took that a step further and suggested that the name(s) be replaced with character representations.

Brain is correct that it is his business and he can run it as he see fit. On the other hand, if he or anyone else, continues to delete random posts and not all the posts according to his own rules that is where I draw the line.

I am not saying that I dislike Brian or anyone else. I don't play games and play into character attacks like others there have. I base my opinions of people not on what they say but rather what they do. In that same thread there is a advertisement for ASHI. I did not see that post get deleted or modified as my post had. Do you think it is fair? I don't!

After all the rule is the rule, you either follow it all the time or you follow it none of the time but it is not fair only to delete what I posted and not other posts.

BTW...it is ok to disagree with me. I think it would be unreasonable to think everyone will agree with me or you. That does not mean you can not be fair. Right?

Joe Myers

Nick and Joe,

Spell check will not catch when you spell BRIAN as BRAIN above.

The OTHER Brian...

--
Brian Maloney, NACHI
Valley Forge Chapter