Ethics Contact Person

Originally Posted By: dharris
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I recently learned that a national RE franchise here is offering inspectors a program for 130.00 a month to be on their preffered list and requiring inspectors to offer 50.00 off 1st inspection with the realtors option to use the 50.00 as realtor chooses, “ie cash back to the realtor or realtors client and then 25.00 off future inspections”.

My question is, who do I inform at NACHI of this ethics infraction when NACHI member[s] are involved, what action[s] do NACHI take against NACHI members that participle in this type of program?

NO! this is NOT a NACHI bash, "just asking a legit question" as I am VERY aware of who to contact at AZ and ASHI.

Originally Posted By: dedwards

Dave,

Go to left side menu to Code of Ethics, on the next page at the bottom is a link to the COE board and then in turn links to the individual members.

Originally Posted By: tallen

dharris wrote:
I recently learned that a national RE franchise here is offering inspectors a program for 130.00 a month to be on their preffered list and requiring inspectors to offer 50.00 off 1st inspection with the realtors option to use the 50.00 as realtor chooses, "ie cash back to the realtor or realtors client and then 25.00 off future inspections".

My question is, who do I inform at NACHI of this ethics infraction when NACHI member[s] are involved, what action[s] do NACHI take against NACHI members that participle in this type of program?

NO! this is NOT a NACHI bash, "just asking a legit question" as I am VERY aware of who to contact at AZ and ASHI.

It's your lucky day Dan.

Questions and comments should be directed to Joe Farsetta, Ethics and Standard of Practice Committee Chairperson, at jjf10965@yahoo.com

I know about some vender programs, but this is a new on on me. Send me an email if you don't want to post the info here.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Dan, I can also help with this if you want me to. I have a lot of ring time fighting this battle.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jquinn

hey Nick,

so this is where you are hiding. Funny I never expected you to be hiding out behind an ethics question. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif) ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif) But then again, since it appears you've shut down the Canadian Section because of you don't want to answer questions , I shouldn't be surprised.

Good to see you're still able to spin.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

I would like to thank and congratulate those who made the decision to move the Canadian forum for Canadian members to the “Members Only” section.

This ensures that our Canadian friends have the forum to freely discuss issues of importance to the industry instead of being limited to the selfish agendas of six non-members.

This was a great decision. Hats off and a big salute to those who made the move. ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: Bill Mullen RHI

I too wish to congratulate the bright lights at NACHI who shut down the Canadian Section.

By doing that you might have stifled some discussions you didn't like because they were frankly embarrassing NACHI all over the map.

It also makes it impossible for someone like me who has been trying to give some very valuable information to NACHI members about their futures as Home Inspectors in Canada.

Obviously this American organization does not value or respect the rights of its Canadian members. Therefore, I feel no more obligation to help this group at all. If Canadian members are willing to accept this blatant removal of their rights they obviously have decided that the Kool-aid tastes great as some have intimated.

I wish you all well as you stab around in the darkness looking for answers.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia, Ont.

hey Bill,

I was about to email you to offer to drive the Kitchener to Bowmanville and back portion of your trip to the Nachi meeting (new vehicle...good excuse to drive it) but I've changed my mind in light of things, so...I'd be happy to meet you halfway...say London...for a beer instead. I'll even buy.

James Quinn, RHI

...in Canada we still have freedom of speech !!

Originally Posted By: jbehling

jquinn wrote:
hey Bill,

...I'd be happy to meet you halfway...say London...for a beer instead. I'll even buy.

James Quinn, RHI

...in Canada we still have freedom of speech !!

I'm still waiting for the one you promised me.

Bill Mullen RHI wrote:

It also makes it impossible for someone like me who has been trying to give some very valuable information to NACHI members about their futures as Home Inspectors in Canada.

Obviously this American organization does not value or respect the rights of its Canadian members. Therefore, I feel no more obligation to help this group at all. If Canadian members are willing to accept this blatant removal of their rights they obviously have decided that the Kool-aid tastes great as some have intimated.

To the contrary, sir.

Become a member and share your valuable information with your Canadian and American firends. It's that simple.

It is in recognition of the rights of our Canadian members to freely enjoy the good will and spirit of fellowship of NACHI that they have been included in the "Members Only" section. The thread has only been shut down to a handful of trouble makers. It thrives in its new location.

Non-members who wish to complain of their lack of rights can find sympathy at the blog. It's been slow over there for a while, but if you go to inspectionnews.com, you'll find the half dozen blog posters over there, eh.

--

www.monachi.org

Obviously the brain trust at NACHI feels my time would be better spent drinking beer with you than helping their members.

Bob Brown has been trying to organize this meeting and Claude and I have offered two days of our lives, but that isn't nearly as important as NACHI being able to stifle people who have started to see the light.

Bill Mullen RHI wrote:
Obviously the brain trust at NACHI feels my time would be better spent drinking beer with you than helping their members.

By George, I think he's got it. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: gquackenbush

Speaking of Ethics…

What about a NACHI member who also sells real estate in the same jurisdiction? Now this has to be against the rules somewhere!

tallen wrote:

Questions and comments should be directed to Joe Farsetta, Ethics and Standard of Practice Committee Chairperson, at jjf10965@yahoo.com

This is if you are interested in ethics. If your point is just to whine and find fault, then carry on the way you are. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

Bill Mullen RHI wrote:

Alright, then it's settled. Jason will come to Kitchener...what the heck, Gerry...you come too, and I'll drive us to London where we'll meet Bill and Claude. We'll all get plastered on Canadian made beer (it'll take years to do it with the American stuff...it ain't Koolaid) and I'll pick up the tab. Personally, as Jason would contend, I've got alotta beer promises to catch up on. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

James Quinn RHI

"It is in recognition of the rights of our Canadian members to freely enjoy the good will and spirit of fellowship of NACHI that they have been included in the “Members Only” section. The thread has only been shut down to a handful of trouble makers. It thrives in its new location. "

You sir don't have a clue what you are talking about. I have done nothing but try to help NACHI members in all of my messages of late.

If you knew anything about Canadian Home Inspecting (and you don't) you would also realize that the industry is at a major turning point and is about to evolve into a great profession. However, there are many details that all inspectors need to know and your club's tactics have shut down the only information pipeline available right now for your Canadian members.

And no, I have no intention of joining your 'club'. I am proud to belong to the only recognized and legitimate Home Inspection Association in Canada, (CAHPI) so why would I taint my resume with any relationship to an organization that is so obviously unstable, has no credibility and is in trouble on so many levels?

Bill Mullen RHI
Sarnia, Ontario

Bill Mullen RHI wrote:

And no, I have no intention of joining your 'club'. I am proud to belong to the only recognized and legitimate Home Inspection Association in Canada, (CAHPI) so why would I taint my resume with any relationship to an organization that is so obviously unstable, has no credibility and is in trouble on so many levels?

Well, sir, if you are as valuable to your profession in Canada as you obviously think you are - people will seek you out.

If you are not, you can join Jerry Peck's lonely heart's club at www.inspectionnews.com . This is where the underappreciated and selfproclaimed "legends" of the industry sing praises to one another and durges to those who are blind to their talents. You'll love it. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Mention my name and I think you'll get a free autographed photo of Jeff Hooper holding up all of his diplomas.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jbehling

Bill Mullen RHI wrote:

You sir don't have a clue what you are talking about. I have done nothing but try to help NACHI members in all of my messages of late.

Bill Mullen RHI
Sarnia, Ontario

Don't worry about Mr Bushart, he has a history of going off half cocked. He has trouble doing homework before opening his mouth.

He feels he is an expert in everything concerning NACHI and home inspection alike.

Ignore him, everyone else does. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

"Well, sir, if you are as valuable to your profession in Canada as you obviously think you are - people will seek you out. "

You're a real riot, Alice.

People who know anything about the Canadian industry know me and what I have done and will do for their profession. You're right about one thing ........people do indeed seek me out, and I am more than happy to share my information, but not to someone as brain-dead as you or anyone else who is hopped up on kool-aid.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia, Ontario

jbehling wrote:

He feels he is an expert in everything concerning NACHI and home inspection alike.

Hardly. I have much to learn about NACHI and I have yet to learn of anyone who knows it all when it comes to our profession - especially me.

But I can recognize whiners and trouble makers when I run across them, and I have little tolerance for either.

By the way, Jason, do you have that domain sending people to the NACHI Foundation, yet? ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--

www.monachi.org