Florida Home Inspector Council

You have just as much blame for this as anyone else. I allowed you to get us to where we are today. That is not a mistake that I will make again.

As Florida’s largest inspection trade association (larger than all other associations combined)… we already have a “seat at the table”… in fact, we have almost the whole table. We give that up if we move to over to their little TV dinner tray.

Try 5 or 6 times larger than all other associations combined in the state.

Joe this is second time you have attack me without just cause. I have called you and left a message. If you can not find out the facts, you should not be attacking.

Coming from a non-Floridian this means nothing to me.

So I guess you are saying here that:

1. FLInternachi does not represent FL members of InterNachi,
  2. does not have the support of InterNACHI and
  3. should not be a member of the Florida Home Inspector’s Council and
  4. FLInternachi joined the Council without your knowledge and approval?

LMAO…this is the enforcer of ESOP telling us not to bash other chapters, by…well bashing other chapters. Just thought that was kinda funny.

Mark,

It’s complicated, but FLNACHI does not support most of the NACHI members who happen to live in Florida, just as SunCoast ASHI does not support most of the ASHI members who live in Florida. No NACHI member is required to support FLNACHI either.

Each chapter is more or less independent, as far as how this all fits in with the Council… Well, your guess is as good as anyone’s.

Rules of the message board.

*“…debate is not only welcomed it is encouraged. Personal attacks for reasons of race, religion, sexual orientation, et cetera, or postings, which are profane or are meant to defame our membership, will not be tolerated. Offending parties may be asked to change their post, or may be permanently banned from this board…”

*It is a shame.

Excuse me? How can a chapter of a National organization be independent? Either it exists as an entity of the National organization or it doesn’t. Which is it?

If it doesn’t, dontcha think the National organization would be concerned about some rogue group using it’s trademark?

It’s not really complicated. I asked some simple questions and haven’t recieved an answer.

Nick, I’m not sure what you asked for? To kick NAHI off the Council? Did it have something to do with this message you sent the Council? Don’t be disingenuous.

I am not interested in participating with any scumbag NAHI members on any council or anything. My life’s goal is to destroy that sleazy mini-minneapolis group. This is my gift to the world.

Thanks anyway.

Sincerely,

Nick Gromicko
Founder, International Association of Certified Home Inspectors, Inc.

Ditto

Mark, I question the group intelligence of the council.

When given a choice to have InterNACHI, Florida’s, the U.S.'s and the world’s largest inspection trade association, publisher or dozens of inspection textbooks, with 1,700 members in Florida, a 235,000 page website that gets 260 million hits a year, 600+ government approvals of our educational offerings, thousands of websites under our control, millions of dollars in the bank, a 700,000+ post message board, with interests to everything inspection related including Move In Certified, RealMatcher, IAC2, PRO-LAB, CMI, FetchReport, Inspector Outlet, Real Property Times, Infrared Certified, Inspector’s Quarterly, Inspector Pages, NACHI.TV and countless other players in the industry… your council chose the mini-minneapolis group instead, who already snookered us once before and sold-out to contractors who want to offer free home inspections as lead generation for their repair services, and who did this behind our backs after swearing they wouldn’t, and who has maybe a couple dozen inspectors in the entire state of Florida.

I’m not calling the council “dumb”… I’m just saying that you clearly make stupid decisions. Now live with them… and the mini-minneapolis losers. A match made in heaven if you ask me.

Nick, what do you really mean? Stop holding back!

Joe Burkeson explains to a bewildered Mark Cramer:

Correct Joe. Been that way for years. Don’t believe it?.. ask any InterNACHI chapter on earth.

You’re right, it ain’t that complicated… NACHI didn’t get where it is today by conforming itself to the ideas of others or kowtowing to a “council” of well meaning peers. Furthermore, it is very doubtful that the answer you are seeking will somehow miraculously materialize while an insignificant organization like NAHI is given equal billing with NACHI on the council.

Greg,

Shall we go into the self dealing? Do you REALLY want to go down that path?

Bring it on, Greg. Let’s expose you for what you are.

That goes for ALL of you.

Think you have the POWER? I don’t

NACHI is a single org. Chapters are NOT autonomous to tyhe point where they can make ALL the rules for themselves.

You are where you are because of YOU, not because of RULES iof the National.

Want a chapter that can do what it wants? Fine. Call it something else. It wont have the benefits of the National. You WONT be able to make rules to exclude others.

You are where you are because of yourselves.

Mr. Hensel… Not being a Floridian gives me the ability to recognize self-dealing for what it is.

NACHI Management is a prime example.

There is no NACHI Management. tis is a figment of someone’s imagination, intending to make money off the backs of other Florida NACHI members. Tell it like it is.

Any chapter which has the word Insurance Inspections is another example.

You guys are hysterical. Just like going back to the good old days where you wanted your own COE, educational requirements (and control) and everything else under the sun.

Either get on the same page with what you have or start a legitimate chapter, absent of the muck and mire.

Funny how everyne bashed someone who had the nerve to charge for proctoring an exam, yet remain silent with regard to the monetary ambitions of others in the crowd.

Greg… you say I am responsible for where you are? B u l l s h i t.

You say you wont let it happen again? Right…

I don’t understand how anyone could condone the actions of FLNACHI… Using a non-profit for personal gain? Come on Joe, I know you are better than that. If you were here you’d have put a stop to it yourself.

It was about six or seven years ago and I have forgotten most of the details, but as I recall it…the crux of the issue regarding the Florida chapter that wanted to be formed was centered on the fact that it would exclude other NACHI members from joining it.

In other words, in order to “raise the bar”, it incorporated certain standards that were added to existing NACHI membership requirements that would have excluded some NACHI members from being voting members in their chapter. Under the NACHI rules governing the conduct of a chapter endorsed by NACHI, such activity was forbidden.

As it was then, and I am not aware of any changes since, a NACHI chapter using the international as a sponsor must be open to full membership and participation to all members of NACHI and cannot deny participation to any NACHI member in good standing.

Many NACHI members were denied membership in FLNACHI. You could only join FLNACHI if you paid to take their proctored exam. They would not accept exams from other associations.

That sure looks like a standard that is not required by national.