Home Inspector Pro software

Good evening,
What are your opinions regarding HIP? I need software and heard this one is reasonable. What do you think???
I am a new old man inspector.

John, I use HIP and find it great! Decent program, great report design options, easy to create templates for inspections and/or other services you may offer, easy to batch add/edit photos/captions/etc, great support from Dom and the crew! It comes preloaded with some templates as well.

2 Likes

Many inspectors here love it, John. And, I know that they work hard to keep their inspectors happy and going, from what I have read over the years. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank a boatload Junior. I will tell them you sent me. May peace be at your doorstep.

1 Like

Thank you Larry,your tooth hurt???

Excellent software John, that is what I used and no complaints and support was excellent.

2 Likes

No, but my pocket book will…

1 Like

Thanks Marcel, I am sold

Best on the market. Period. Been using it 10 yrs. Multi inspectors and can vouch for its usefulness and effectiveness.

3 Likes

I use HIP as well. The program is good and the support is excellent. I like the fact that you buy the software outright. Many other programs have monthly or per report fees (I think that’s BS). That said, I think that HomeGauge reports are a little more attractive and presentable, but that software is not Mac compatible.

2 Likes

HIP has a ton of editing/layout options, etc to put out a really nice report, once you get to know the program.

1 Like

I know. I’ve spent a good amount of time messing around with the settings. I tweak my template regularly. The area I feel that it is lacking is in delivering info on materials. For example, in the electrical section when I’m delivering info on service amperage and voltage, service panel make and location, OCPD types and wiring types, etc., I have yet to find a way to input all of this data and communicate it clearly and… prettily.

I may be more concerned with aesthetics than is necessary, but I really like the way that HomeGauge approaches this scenario. Very clean and easy to reference.

1 Like

Are you using both selection and damage panels?

1 Like

Absolutely. But as far as I can tell there are few options as far as how the info within the selection panels is presented. For example, if I have 9 “selections” to deliver, I cannot choose to have 3 per line over 3 lines, all in straight columns. I can do 1 per line or a list, more or less, that is segmented in areas depending on length. If that makes sense.

1 Like

This is how Home Gauge would deliver the info. It’s clear with headings and columns. This is what I’d like to achieve but can’t seem to do through HIP. If you have suggestions I’m all ears.

1 Like

Your pdf output is 2 column?

Is there a way to arrange the selections into columns? I currently use “New Line & Bullet” as this seems to deliver info most clearly.

I’m going to try some things and see if I can change it to 3 column. I’ll get back to you on it. Have you asked on the hip forum?

Pretty similar to what I’m doing. I just really like the way it’s organized in Home Gauge and I’ve been unable to mirror it.

I haven’t. You mean on Facebook? I joined a while back but rarely use Facebook. I did send a question to the support team a year or 2 ago asking if I could organize info as in the above photo. They said no.