"How to Inspect Manufactured and Mobile Homes" online course

Per course requirements here is a photo.

The electrical panel in my parents mobile home. It is working properly.

20150324_132636.jpg

The course is doing well.

http://stevedelzell

I completed the manufactured home test report.

I completed the manufactured home test report.

http://stevedelzell

**Hi, just completing course

Hi Everyone Just completing an other course

Here is a picture of a mobile home that My friend lives in that I did an inspection on.

there are many issues with this Manufactured home so I will only share a few.

The roof is in need if immediate replacement. It is way past its service life and there is much evidence if water stains and damage throughout the interior on the ceiling. Where the decks have been added on there has been no allowance of extra piering on that section of the home to add strength. The deck on the backyard side is in danger of imminent collapse due to its support piers that are leaning. Also the joist hangers are the wrong size , they are too small. There is no anchoring system on this home. The skirting is poor and there is much evidence that rodents have found it easy to enter the skirting. The aluminum siding is coming apart in some areas and the window flashings are missing on some windows. The stairs and decks need painting or are subject to rot over time.

They don’t make floor joists like this anymore:p

DSCN3936.JPG

Here’s an image of a functioning water heater. It’s a bit had to see but the TPR pipe extends through the floor into a crawlspace, which is a defect.

As part of a pre-licensing field inspection, my house was evaluated. Some concerns include a deteriorating chimney and cap complete with missing bricks, inconsistent insulation in the attic and insulation blocking some of the soffit vents, and signs of water intrusion likely related to the chimney conditions.

Hello everyone I tried to upload a picture for you all to see but not having much luck with it, so you will have to use your imagination on this one.
Air duct within the crawl space had approximately six feet of it laying on the ground and four more feet sitting on milk crates. Really!

Heating:

Heating was inspecting using normal operating controls. Heat operation was adequate at time of inspection.

Location of thermostat was in the hallway.

The energy source was natural gas.

There was evidence of a material defect:
Air duct within the crawl space was not secure and partially lying on the ground.

Wood rot present at wood exterior of mobile home.

Hi,
I have a typical picture of water intrusion on hardboard siding

Joe

So there I am inspecting a home when I realize me and my best friend must have built the fence for them when we were kids borrowing construction materials from the local builders to construct our forts and tree houses. The builder of this fence obviously used our methods.

Guys, as always this course is informative and provided a great depth of knowledge that lets me know that if a potential customer calls and asks if I can do something I know I can say yes. I know I have access to the information I need right here. I know I can find it easily and that it will be complete. I will not have to spend hours on line finding the information. I can spend the hours learning what I need.
This is a truly great site for new and expperienced inspectors and I appreciate my mentor guiding me to InterNACHI.

Hello all,

As I inspected this property, I found what was a very dangerous situation that went undetected for years. The outdoor electrical outlet was not GFCI. At some point through the winter, the outlet was over heated and burned until it tripped the breaker. Since the outlet is seldomly used, it went completely undetected until the inspection. An electrician had to be called in to review the panel, replace the wiring and the outlet with a GFCI rated outlet with a cover.

Haley Sisson
Mile High Property Inspections

Hi Ben,

There is some great information in this course and have enjoyed the course so far.

Haley Sisson
Mile High Property Inspections