I'm stepping down as ED for a while.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m stepping down as Executive Director for a couple months (basically I’m handing off some of my duties so I can work on a few of our up and coming projects).

Gary Johnson has volunteered to become our ED during this time to give me some relief. I'll still be in operations but Gary is handling the bigger complicated NACHI issues for me.

I have to get this REAL Property Times paper up and running.

This change should have no adverse effect on members.

Please support Gary. He is a good man.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: aslimack

Nick, They said on the IN board that you may be “going away” for awhile.

(hehehehehe)

Adam, A Plus

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I’ll be here every day, 14 hours a day (except for all the http://www.nachi.org/events.htm I have to go to). Gary Johnson is going to handle all the complicated issues for a while. They are bogging me down and a few of our projects are being slowed down by my lack of time. I’m going to get REAL Property Times out the door by March.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: rray

gromicko wrote:
Please support Gary. He is a good man.

Duh!

But all NACHI members are good people. At least, that's my belief, because. . . .

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Russel,

You are correct all NACHI members are great guys. After meeting so many of them last week, I can truly attest to that.

Thanks all

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

into positions where they can do big things. Toward that end I have to step out of the way in some areas and focus on the projects I already have on my plate. As we try to get NACHI to move faster and grow bigger, more have to take an active role and more of the load has to be spread out.

Blaine is going to become our new President. Joe Hagarty, who has done a superb job as President is going to try to straighten out the SC. Joe Farsetta is going to become Director of Professional Development. Aimee and other staff members are all stepping up to take on more responsibility. Jamie at PRO-LAB is going to take over our members-only online store for us. Joe Ferry our attorney is coming on full time. We leased more building space. We bought more servers. We are hiring more employees. We are forming several more new departments.

If you think BIG... please feel free to get involved. No negativity or worries about what others might say. Think big, act big. Everyone is welcome to contribute to the extent they think they can. We want the "can do" members in places where they actually can do.

Onwards and upwards!

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: ebeahm1

Congratulations to Gary,Blaine, Amy, the 2 Joes and Jamie! If there is anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to ask.

And Nick, thank you for all you’ve done and all you do. If you need anything for the newspaper, let me know.

Best of luck,

Earl

John Bowman is stepping up too. He has an “open up a can of whipass” attitude and luckily for us is retired.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I look forward to working with everyone to make NACHI even bigger and better than it already is.

Thank you to Joe Hagarty for helping to set the ground work to move NACHI in the right direction. Your efforts are noticed and appreciated.

Small ideas can become big realities when shared and built upon. I ask and encourage any and every NACHI member to contact me not only with ideas you may have to further the association, but also should you need help, advice or direction with your own business.

Together let's keep NACHI the biggest and baddest kid on the block.

All the vendors in the home inspection industry are getting on the NACHI bus too.

Every vendor at the NACHI convention is being rewarded with free advertising on all our sites and in all our industry newspapers.

Jamie already built us the store http://www.nachistore.com and we are securing exclusive discounts, deals, products, and services from anyone who has anything to do with the inspection industry.

The real estate agencies are all in on REAL Property Times.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Prepare for massive NACHI expansion throughout the inspection industry.

We want it all.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: mtimpani

Lets put out a chain of command with a flow chart.

Thank you, MarkTimpani

www.pridepropertyinspections.com

Every member is free to contribute. Any member can offer to take on any project. All Chapters continue to run with complete autonomy. So does CRF, papers, Foundation, convention committee, ADRS, etc. Always been that way… the formula works.

Just do it. It is easier to apologize than to get permission ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) .

Got an idea?...run with it. Need money?... ask. Need help?... ask. I'm only one head and so want everyone involved.

Dream! I'll get it done. I'm support services.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

As Director of Professional Development, part of my charter is to set the course for several aspects of professional development, including proctoring for entry exams, exploring several outsourcing opportunities relative to Continuing Education, bringing forward on-line education initiatives, looking at business education for inspectors as part of the package, and working closely with Joe Ferry on the new E&O offerings.

I am stepping aside, temporarily, as Chair of the Steering Committee, to concentrate on NACHI's Arbitration Service, CE, and on-line initiatives.

I look forward to working with both Gary and Blaine in moving things forward.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

on his behalf last week. He certainly earned it.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

Everything helps, any ideas you all have are greatly appreciated and I look forward to watching it all unfold, Thank you Joe, Nick, Gary, Jon, Earl, Blaine, Gerry and Paul, you guys are fabulous.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Thanks Everyone.

I have had some good conversations with Nick and others tonight. I think that we have a good plan to move NACHI forward and get rid of the things our critics are bugging us about. I look forward to filling in for Nick while he is working on operations. I know they are big shoes to fill but I will do the best I can over the next few months.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: phinman

Congrats to all!

I am constantly amazed at the speed with which NACHI gets things done! The organization is never satisfied with the "status quo" which contributes to our growth.

I am very glad to see Nick getting everyone involved in the details so he can work on his vision for NACHI!

I recently forwarded an email to Nick that I got from some disgruntled members of the other acronym who came to our last NJ meeting. It very clearly stated his dissatisfaction with the other group and his dissatisfaction is the very reason for NACHI's growth among the home inspectors.

As Nick has told me when licensing is mandatory in a state our growth explodes. I see that here in New Jersey!

Looking forward to working with all in the organization and I can be counted on to do my part, just ask!

Phillip R. Hinman
NJ NACHI

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

It was Great to meet all of you this past weekend, With Nick doing his thing for a while I know help is needed. I am semi retired now so I can and will do what needs to be done for NACHI. Just let me know how I can help.

Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Thanks for the vote of confidence everyone.

Through coordinated efforts and strong support of our committee's and members, I along with others are excited about the future of NACHI. In this morning's emails I have already received several encouraging words from members who are ready and willing to contribute their time and effort. Keep them coming guys. Tell us your strong points and where you believe you would be a great fit.

I would like to thank Joe Hagarty for his immeasurable time and effort. He leaves some tough shoes to fill by our new president. I found Joe to be one of strong character and charisma. A man of leadership and vision. NACHI is strong because of his leadership. I am pleased to see him assume his new duties within the SC and can only imagine nothing but the best for our members and organization. Congratulations Joe on a successful tenure as President of NACHI.

John Bowman
NACHI Vice President