InterNACHI sued defunct NAHI today.

When you retire NACHI gives you free membership for life .
Just remind them .
Enjoy your self we sure do .

Thanks Roy Cooke!

Roy is correct. When you retire, you get a free, lifetime, invisible membership so that you can stay part of the InterNACHI family at no cost, forever.

Damit…I love this org…
What do I have to do?
What does" invisible membership" mean?

It means you have all the same privileges of full membership, but you aren’t listed in www.nachi.org/directories because you are retired. And of course you don’t pay dues.

OK! Sounds good to me .
What do I do on my part?

Just let NACHI know you retired .

The home inspectors who independently used infrared imaging, whose livelihoods that you openly threatened, when you said that you were going to drive them out of their homes, did not sue you.

Thank you Sir.
Roy C ! How are you doing Brother?
I haven’t talked to you on the phone for years?
We used to talk every couple of months.

#15. 17f. 20. 21. 25. 26. and 28.

InterNACHI isn’t entitled to any information or anything that has to do with NAHI or ASHI. The only thing might end up with are the straws you are grasping at… :roll:

Chuck, can you reference what you’re taliking about?

Interesting!

Paragraph 22 & 28 has merit!

I do not see anything on the site that says out of business, etc.
You can download the application for the
NAHI Certified Real Estate Inspector (CRI) program for $200.00.
http://www.nahi.org/?page=CRIProgram

I don’t get it so my position is let sleeping dogs lie.

Chuck is again incorrect. We didn’t sue any individuals. We sued a defunct entity. Read it again slower Chuck, that’s why I posted the documents.

Chuck is correct about InterNACHI “having won the war.”

As for HomeSafe, here is an update:

We successfully defended every legal action taken against our members.

We counter-sued HomeSafe.

We got the judge to agree that we can sue the owner of HomeSafe personally… and so we did.

We did 4 days of depositions in Oxford, MS.

We hired several IR experts such as Jim Sefrin to testify that home inspectors who use IR cameras are not infringing on those patents.

We hired several patent experts to testify that their patents do not apply to home inspectors who use IR cameras.

We also hired a separate law firm in Mississippi.

We hired a third law firm that specializes in patents to try to have their patents reversed by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

We tracked down all of the owner’s personal assets so that in case we prevail against him personally, we can go after those assets.

And we currently are trying to find an open date for our trial with the judge’s clerk. We were working on that today. It will be a jury trial lasting about a week.

Here is the last official update Mark released:

If we win in court and/or get the patent awards reversed by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office… we not only win for InterNACHI members but we win for the entire inspection industry. Wish us luck.

And while I’m providing legal updates, here is what’s happening in Kentucky:

We sued the Commonwealth of Kentucky for enacting a law that required home inspectors to purchase $500,000.00 worth of insurance just to do a radon test.

Here is the lawsuit: https://www.nachi.org/documents2012/InterNACHI%20et.%20al.%20vs.%20Com.%20of%20Kentucky%20et%20al.pdf

We also filed for an immediate injunction to relieve InterNACHI members of this financial burden.

The judge ruled in our favor and issued the injunction against the Commonwealth of Kentucky: https://www.nachi.org/documents2012/internachi-vs-kentucky-temporary-restraining-order.pdf

So for now, we are winning that one.

Chuck, staff deleted one of your posts as it is a COE violation to copy stuff from the Members-ONLY forum into a public forum.

Isn’t this a members only thread? Who the hell can tell anymore!

They are clearly labeled. But if you have difficulty recognizing which sections are Members-ONLY and which ones are public, simply don’t copy posts from one section and paste them in a totally different section… and you won’t have committed a violation. Hope that helps.