ISN Credit Card Processors

Right now I’m paying anywhere from 4-5% for Guardian Financial services to process my credit card payments through ISN (Inspector Support Network). Is anyone using a more reasonable credit card processor through ISN and who is it? Thanks.

Good info, William!

A THANK YOU is in order…so, I’ll do it.

Thanks! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I offer my clients cash/check price or they can use a credit card for an additional 4% fee.
I get a lot of checks/cash :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It used to be that one couldn’t add a fee for credit card usage.

1 Like

You can’t. But you can give a cash discount.

2 Likes

I do not use ISN, I suspect it might box you in a bit on how fees are handled.

The amount of money that is generated by processing fee’s and credit card interest is astounding.

1 Like

I pay 2.8% with Stripe. Honestly, I don’t mind it too much. There is something about the lower stress level of having payment made before the inspection that I like. I just build it into my rates. And if a customer insists on paying cash or check at the inspection, well, that is just gravy money I guess.

Good rate.

1 Like

Thanks. I got confused due to the wording above.

2 Likes

As I was just typing my post above, someone just paid their fee for my Thursday morning inspection by card. Now I can relax knowing that they are serious and I don’t have to worry about getting a cancellation call tomorrow. I mean, it could still happen but the odds just went way down.

3 Likes

That is through Spectora, where we get a slight discount. I was thinking you use Spectora as well? Maybe not?

No. I use Homegauge. Credit cards are processed thru paypal (3.5%) as a link on our site. But, because I offer the check/cash discount, maybe a 3rd of my sales are cc. But, it does not really matter to me what the client chooses.

I quote all prices on the phone. Example. $450 cc or $425 cash/check. They can decide.

1 Like

Like most others, I have a “pay before the inspection” clause in my agreement. But also like most others, if someone really wants to pay by check or cash at the end of the inspection, I will accept it if I get good vibes on the phone. If they seem unsure, or flaky in any way, I really push the credit card option and getting it locked in prior.

1 Like

My agreement has been altered to make way for the cash/check.

“Payment due prior to or at the time of inspection”

I collect immediately after introduction when they pay in person.

1 Like

Yeah me too. I am certainly more reluctant getting paid on the day of inspection if it’s not an agent referral. Folks that find me on the internet usually get an cancellation email 24hrs prior to the inspection.
I also use ISN and guardian financial. I stick the clients with the CC processing fee.

I also use homegauge but I don’t use them to process credit/debit cards. The less they know about my business the more comfortable I feel. I also use PayPal and the fee is only 2.9%, and you can adjust it per invoice.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, I have a little sales tip for anyone who cares. You may have heard of pre-suasion vs persuasion. Try this if you prefer cash sales or want more cash sales.

Role play:
Me: The fee is $450, but I can share with you how to save some money in a moment,…(then I talk about scheduling) …now back to the fee, the is $450 However, pay with cash or check and the fee is only $425 the day of the inspection.

I do the same with Radon, only a bit different:
Me: Would you like to hear about radon testing?
Customer: Yes
Me: Radon Testing is a relatively inexpensive test you can perform during your due diligence period to better understand the radon levels and risks in your new home.
Customer: How much does it cost?
Me: Stand alone, Radon Testing is $250. However, if you include it with your home inspection, the fee is only $175

1 Like

“And can I interest you in an extended warranty today?” Lol, just messing with ya.

1 Like

Stay on the line and I will connect you with an associate :smile:

Seriously, I do a lot of radon testing. It is a good add on for me. I do not even push the risk of radon, I just offer the service.

I hear ya. I do as well. Radon testing makes money no doubt.

1 Like