Little Giant ladders?

I’m hesitant to put a ladder rack on my van, mainly because it’s expensive ($1000). So I’m considering the Little Giant REVOLUTION LADDER - TYPE 1A- 26 foot. It’s a little over six feet, and my cargo area is 8 feet. I’ve never used an articulating ladder, how is this one? Are there other manufacturers of equal or better quality? Best place to buy?
Thanks

Very good choise.Yep!

I like that the Revolution has leg levelers for uneven ground.

You can get that attachment on most all knock-offs as well.

Great ladder, but a tad heavy after awhile.

I now carry only the Model 22. Rock solid (most of the time).

Dom.

Comparable Werner is about 10 lbs heavier.

50+ pounds gets old on a big job…but it does get the job done.

Dom.

I always buy the fat boys ladder. A1 if I recall correctly.
The rest are rinky dinky.
I got a lower class 26 footer cause it was a bit lighter, but when I climbed it I thought I was on a spring boards. Sold it the next day…Yep!
Buy the best even if you can’t afford it, when it comes to ladders.
I replace all my ladders about every 3-5 years cause it is a write off anyway.

I agree with what’s been said. LG are very well built but the larger models are heavy.

You may consider buying a shorter one to go with the 26’. I have a 17’ Werner adjustable ladder, Type 1A - 300 lbs. I use it 90% of the time. MUCH lighter than the 26’.

I want to replace my articulating with a collapsible.

That articulating is heavy, and a pain to fold up, fold down, and I pinch my darn finger at least once or twice per month. I don’t even use it, it’s easier just to strap my extension ladder to my ladder rack.

Does anybody use a collapsible ladder, other than attic access? I want to get a 21 footer or so for roof access.

That’s a good idea.

I have the 26ft werner multi-function ladder. It is heavy but very solid feeling. Its great for setting up as a step ladder for getting up on roofs with fragile uv damaged plastic guttering. The base flairs out and is so wide it barely fits in many hallways. Because of this, and the fact that it is just so heavy and hard to handle I bought a 17ft Multi-function that is similar but obviously smaller and lighter that use to get into attics. It was on sale at harbor freight. I have using the smaller one for about a year and so far it has held up very well. It feels as secure as the werner. On sale, it was something like $120.

I just saw the 17 ft little giant at Costco for $199. I’m leaning towards the 17’ and 26’. Should be a good combination. And all for less than a ladder rack.

The 17’ one is the one I bought at Costco 4.5 years ago. It is in great shape. 35lbs. can get heavy at the end of a long day.
The Little Giants are easier to fold/unfold.

Heck, I’m still using my Little Giant (22 ft.) and Telescopic (12.5 ft.) ladders after 14 years of service…

Same here. Used the LG for the first 7 years then I got a 12.5 ft. Extend & Climb 3 years ago to use for smaller heights. I’ve only used the LG 4-6 times in those 3 years. Whatever type you get, it’s good to have two so you aren’t forced to drag the big ladder all around at every inspection.

they are nice, that’s what I use, for outside.

I have a LG tactical and love it :slight_smile:

I just checked them out. Is the only difference their being black?

http://www.eladders.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/250x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/a/tactical17_1.jpg

I just saw that they also have fiberglass ladders. So many choices.