Master Inspector - THE DEFINITION

I think any visual inspector should be required to have an eye exam, was my point Nick.:roll: Although a little humor does make the day go faster.:wink:

My guess though, is that with two eye patches I could just as easily be a CMI instructor. Also not meant to be funny:twisted:

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7568&stc=1&d=1165452935

I miss this. We should bring it back.

Agreed.

www.nachi.org/blind.htm

This was one of the greatest things we ever had for PR.

Do It…

[

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7568&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1165452935

“If I don’t see it my dog will.”
WHITE CANE HOME INSPECTIONS:)](“http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7568&d=1165452935”)

Just my two cents to this topic, I would like to add this.

Master Building Inspectors = Designation that the ICC would give for an individual that is capable of inspecting a variety of divisions as Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbling, HVAC, Zoning and what not. He would be above the designation of the regular so called Code Officer. He would be one having authority over another in a sense.

Certified Master Inspector in my definition would be as defined below:

The true measure of any Master is their ability, as well as the origin of their learning. There are those who can only talk about what they can do, and those who can actually do what they say. Someone who claims to be a Master but is unable to demonstrate incredible ability in the multitude of components in a structure and recognize what they are observing down deep which would be not always facial but down deep, is not a truly a Master. Their claim is based mostly on words.

Building and Home Inspectors who do not connect to the true root of the Building trades are not only fooling themselves, but are misleading the entire network of educating the people relevant to the common industry. This only leads to failure.

Tradition has developed over centuries and many generations of individuals that have dedicated their lives to finding the best and most correct ways for reaching their fullest potential. This knowledge is highly prized in the US and a school that can teach correct methods and knowledge of this caliber is not common to find.

I believe that our understanding of the Building Industry has just begun to fully recognize the depth and multitude of this magnitude. Only when you approach this shoulder of recognition can one expect to be recognized as a Master Inspector.

For the student willing to learn and to try, history has proven that the rewards are well worth the effort. It is the extraordinary mental development and the combining of the mind and spirit that is in truth. What can be more valuable than that type of knowledge?

You can borrow knowledge, but you cannot borrow your mind and body.
Maybe one day I will be fortunate enough to carry that designation. The will and the Hope when enforced, can go a long ways I believe.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG>

The reason it’s gone is because it was tasteless, demeaning and pejorative. But, then again, Nick is still around…

No Need to reinvent the wheel.

2006 ICC National Examination Information

QUOTE:
The ICC has the designation of “Master Code Professional” which is the highest level of certification in the program. The ICC has certified thousand of individuals but only a small select number have attained this high level of achievement. At the end of 2004 only 465 individuals have received the “Master Code Professional Certification.”
This special group is awarded the gold colored ICC lapel pin in addition to the MCP Certificate.

Master Code Professionals are typically responsible for all technical and management aspects of code enforcement. Duties include but are not limited to:

• Management of code enforcement department.
  • Supervision of building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and elevator inspectors and support staff.
  • Performing or supervising performance if building, electrial, plumbing and mechanical plan review.
  • When necessary, inspection or supervising inspection of structures for compliance with the International Codes and referenced standards.
    End Quote:

</IMG></IMG>

Doesnt sound like any more than a supervisory role, or have I missed something

Folks

I have reached out to Gerry B. for help in coming up with a definition based on the help on this thread.

Thanks Gerry and all the rest here.

Michael

Hi Michael,

thanks for “volunteering” me for this, I re-read the thread over the weekend and see what commonality there is (if any :wink: )

regards

Gerry

Okay folks, At last, we get to the “Bottom Line.”

Michael Rowan](http://www.nachi.org/forum/member.php?u=7089) vbmenu_register(“postmenu_128221”, true);
Inspection Depot ](http://www.virtualinspector.biz%20www.homeinspectionflorida.com%20%20%20www.homeinspectioncalifnoria.com%20www/)
NACHI Member
December 08, 2006

User Name: **mrowan **Location: Jacksonville, FL Posts: 116

Make it completely Separate, **{Post #82, NACHI BB 12-08-2006} **

QUOTE: Michael Rowan
Take it right out of NACHI like Nick and I thought of, review all the application requirements, make it a qualification/designation to be sought after and let any association member get involved.

The long run is that a tiered qualification level will exist, and hopefully a tiered fee structure too which will result in everyone benefiting.
END QUOTE:

Michael, just some thoughts for you to ponder.

SUGGESTIONS FOR A TIERED “RANK & PRICE” STRUCTURE

CMI COST $350.00 PER YEAR.

ADDITIONAL FEES AS FOLLOWS;\:D/
[FONT=Arial]1. Certified Master Inspector, Candidate “No use of Logo” add $450.00 per year[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]2. Certified Master Inspector, Candidate “Use of Logo”, add $425.00 per year[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]3. Certified Master Inspector, Inspector only, add $400.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]4. Certified Master Inspector, Electrical only, add $375.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]5. Certified Master Inspector, Mechanical only, add $350.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]6. Certified Master Inspector, Plumbing only, add $325.00 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]7. Certified Master Inspector, Structural only add, $300.00 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]8. Certified Master Inspector, Combination Inspector, add $275.00 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]9. Certified Master Inspector, Current Code Official add $250.00 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]10. Certified Master Inspector, Retired Code Official add $150.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]11. Certified Master Inspector, Current ASTM Official, add $75.00[/FONT]
12. Certified Master Inspector, ASTM Retired, Add $50.00

SUGGESTIONS FOR ADDED FEES
[FONT=Arial]1. Take & Pass the CMI Standards of Practice Test, Add $150.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]2. Take & Fail the CMI SOP Test, add $175.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]3. Take & Pass the CMI Code of Ethics Test, Add $200.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]4. Take & Fail the CMI COE, add, $225.00 [/FONT]

New Designations…
[FONT=Arial]1. CMI, SOP & COE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]2. CMI, w/o, SOP [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]3. CMI, w/o COE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]4. CMI, RE.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]5. CMI, RM.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]6. CMI, RP.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]7. CMI, RS.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]8. CMI, CI.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]9. CMI, ICC[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]10. CMI, ICC Retired[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]11. CMI, ASTM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]12. CMI, ASTM Retired. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]13. CMI, ICC & ASTM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]14. CMI, ICC & ASTM Retired. [/FONT]

The possibilities are endless, and the fees will also just come pouring in!:roll:

So what is the bottom line then Frank

I guess that you did not understand Micheal Rowan’s comments;

Partial Quote:
The long run is that a tiered qualification level will exist, and hopefully a tiered fee structure too which will result in everyone benefiting.

I think that was part of his sales pitch for CMI, Frank. Be a CMI and make more money for your inspection than a plain jane home inspector. That seems to be the hook he is using for enticing membership…

Of course, we don’t know exactly what a CMI is (see the “definition” thread - this one, actually) or how he will be selected (see the “plan” thread), but we do know that he will make more money. LOL

No doubt, somebody will.:wink:

Me thinks it is going to be very hard to find consensus about what constitutes a…Certified Master Generalist

James I believe you are not correct in part, as quite a few of us are quite clear as to what a CMI, is, and, what a CMI will be in the future.:wink:

You bet it is part of the sales pitch and I love it .
Too use some of your words " Of course we don’t know exactly what a " home inspection is .
I dare say 10 inspectors and all see things differently some take longer some take shorter .
You could end up with ten different reporting systems .
And pay 10 different prices.
If you also had ten different purchasers on the same home ,they too would be different .
What is a big concern to one purchaser is zip to another .
What is minor to one is serious to another .
It’s here to stay kick and scream or jump on and enjoy it.

Roy Cooke A CMI and dam proud of it .
</IMG>

:smiley: :smiley: I’d give you a green box, but I apparantly I have to spread the love around more before doing so again.

There is very much truth, here.