Message to all home inspectors from Century 21 real estate agent.

Tonight, Chris Currins makes the false claim:

Pure hogwash, you know it, and I’m pleased to prove you know it:

In 2010 Chris Currins asked in post # 11 of http://www.nachi.org/forum/f13/we-certified-inspectors-55890/ :

I answered in post #12 of that thread:

Then again, just last year in 2013, Chris made post #28 of Certified - InterNACHI®️ Forum

Here was my immediate answer to him last year (post #29 of that thread):

And here was his reply showing he acknowledged reading it (post #30 of that thread):

There you have it Chris. Not only did I never state what you claimed… I stated the absolute opposite… multiple times… in past conversations with… … … … YOU!

OK…you proved me wrong. But there are many other threads, that after all of the twisting and turning, it was difficult to come to a conclusion, at least for me.

Sometime between July 15, 2014 and August 11, 2014, the wording on the NACHI website in regards to being “certified” changed. On July 15, 2014, you became a “Certified Member”. On August 11, 2014, you become a “Certified Inspector”.

The “Certified Member” language first appeared sometime between June 8, 2009 and December 13, 2009. The term “Certified Member” did not show prior to that time.

Prior to the “Certified Member” language, you were just a Member. In fact there were two levels, “Working member” and “Full Member”. That changed sometime between August 20, 2008 and November 7, 2008 when the “Full Member” information disappeared from the membership page of the website.

The history of the website shows: Member (working and full), Certified Member, and now Certified Inspector.

This time line is consistent with what was posted on the message board. The message board has changed as well when sometime in 2006 or 2007, everything was archived and the new board started up.

Thanks Steve. That helps explain the confusion.

And then there are always the quotes from I believe the First National President of NACHI… Joe Hagarty.

2/13/2006

National President / NACHI (2003-2004)

And the response regarding this quote from the Executive Director of NACHI from 2005 to 2009, John Bowman.

So the President of NACHI and the Executive Director of NACHI both have the same thoughts that were common on the message board at that time.

Again, I am pleased to see the old quotes you dug up are not attributed to me. I have been consistent since the day I founded this association of certified home inspectors… we certify home inspectors.

We also develop courses, text books, curriculum, training material, processes and exams used by many, many government agencies, (including our own Federal government) as the basis for certifying/licensing inspectors.

I think it was $125.

-Carl

Well, I apologize for the scheduling issues Carl. On the bright side, we saved you $100.