More on Mold

Originally Posted By: tallen
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Ya'll need to play nice. LOL

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: rbracklow

Now that’s a good pearl of wisdom!!

Thanks Todd for reminding us - ya'all come back now!! ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Ron.

--
The highest compliment my clients can give me, is the referral of their Friends, Family and Business Associates!

NorCal NACHI Chapter Founder and Chairman.

Originally Posted By: gsutterfield

Does anyone now wonder why only about 10% of the members participate in this MB and the polls

Seems pretty obvious to me

Why would a member want to post something when he or she knows they will surely be chastised for simply voicing an opinion

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Because this is America, and everyone i has the right to voice an opinion. Likewise, anyone has the right to voice an opposing opinion.

We dont sugarcoat what's posted on this board, not do we censor it. This is far different from what goes on over at TIJ, InspectionNews.com, and at the ASHI board.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: gsutterfield

jfarsetta wrote:
Because this is America, and everyone i has the right to voice an opinion. Likewise, anyone has the right to voice an opposing opinion.

We dont sugarcoat what's posted on this board, not do we censor it. This is far different from what goes on over at TIJ, InspectionNews.com, and at the ASHI board.

Joe

You are correct,this is America and we do have rights. However the point I was trying to make was that many of the latter post began to reek of ridicule and agitation. Thus,my suggestion as to why many of our members might be wary of posting anything!!! Who in their right mind wants to give others the opportunity to ridicule them for something they may strongly believe in?

Yes opinions are great, but just because they differ does not give anyone the right to ridicule those voicing their opinions.

I would suggest that as the Chairman of the Steering Committee you of all people would be able to recognize the fact that we should remain the professionals we want others to perceive us as, and act accordingly. If some feel the need to argue to the point of pissing others off they should do so by PM'S etc. and not on this public board.

P.S. Don't tell me we don't sensor as I and others have a better memory than that and I will remain professional and not discuss this in public.

By the way, HAVE A GOOD DAY ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: dplummer

Hi Guys! I’m glad to see we are passionate bunch. We strongly believe in our opinions. My understanding of our org. is to post ideas to help one another. Some do mold sampling others do not. Instead of criticizing one another, lets post comments on facts ,our experience with a situation good or bad. Let’s leave the sarcasm & attacks on one another out of our comments. If one chooses to offer a particular service that’s their business decision not ours.Lets give one another factual information to help make educated decisions. All the best to everyone! DOUG

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/business/8293575.htm

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: rwills

Check this out! Not only does this writer from Home and Garden Television (HGTV) recommend calling a home inspector if you think you got a mold problem, he recommends one from ASHI!- http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_cleaning/article/0,1801,HGTV_3103_1818730,00.html eusa_think.gif

Bob Wills - MAB Chairman

BW Inspection Services

Warminster, Pa.

http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Tom Turner

Bob

This writer is C. Dwight Barnett an ASHI master inspector. No wonder he recommends an ASHI inspector. HGTV should be careful in who they allow to write their articals.

TomT

Originally Posted By: al

I to do mold sampling as well as home inspection and have been for some years now,and just to let some know,there are condo associations here in south Florida that do not require a home inspection but will not let the buyer go to closing with out a mold clearance.If anyone is looking for my honest opinion just drop me an email with or without your phone number and i will be glad to share all I know.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I would love to see the lawsuit resulting from a “mold clearance”, once the tenants develop asthma (or any other ailment) from an unidentified toxin, that after a healthcare professional wants the dwelling scanned for Sick Building Syndrome (and the CIH comes in), comes up with mold as the cause.

Plaintiff's Attorney: "So, sir... Were you the inspector who performed the service in question?"

Inspector: "Yes"

Plaintiff's Attorney: "And your service resulted in the dwelling being "clear" of mold?"

Inspector: "Yes"

Plaintiff's Attorney: "Then how do you explain my CLients' health problems? I thought you stated that the dwelling was clear of mold. Thai IS what your analysis and testing concluded, isnt it?"

Inspector: "I'm not sure"

Plaintiff's Attorney: "Not sure of what? Would that be not sure of why my clients are sick, or not sure if the dwelling was clear of mold, or not sure of what you concluded?"

Inspector: "Ummm..."

Plaintiff's Attorney: "I see. Oh, two questions before I let you go... Which governmental standards does your firm or the labs you employ use as benchmarrks and thresholds for determination of whether or not a dwelling is "clear of mold"? And, do you employ a CIH, or retain one as a consultant?"

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: rbracklow

C’mon Guys,

Does sarcasm have to prevail on this MB. As the Gentleman said earlier, "Y'all Play Nice"! I think it is time to do so!!

Ron.

--
The highest compliment my clients can give me, is the referral of their Friends, Family and Business Associates!

NorCal NACHI Chapter Founder and Chairman.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Tom Turner wrote:
Bob

This writer is C. Dwight Barnett an ASHI master inspector. No wonder he recommends an ASHI inspector. HGTV should be careful in who they allow to write their articals.

TomT

ASHI does not have a "master inspector". That alone tells me he is a fraud (if he uses that term).

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: cradan

, he’s a public purveyor of partially inaccurate information. I think I read in his blurb that mold spores can lie dormant for 15 years, then become active with the re-introduction of H2O. He forgot the two zeroes after the 15.

![eusa_naughty.gif](upload://nYl3dmRmAIH81yCdH9V96akYnNa.gif)

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: rwills

I’ve seen more than one ASHI inspector website claiming to be a “Master Inspector”!

As far as "mold clearance", giving lab results to your client and letting them decide if the levels are too high is a far cry from offering up a mold clearance. That's not only asking for a lawsuit, that's setting one up!

--
Bob Wills - MAB Chairman
BW Inspection Services
Warminster, Pa.
http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Tom Turner

Jerry,

They do have a "master inspector" program. I do not think it is a national thing, but some chapters do a peer review and oversee an inspection.

TomT

Originally Posted By: dplummer

Hey Jerry, In response to your post. I don’t know of anyone that does mold sampling that offers a guarantee that the building is mold free or a clearance of mold upon completion of inspection. There is just to many variables to do that. Mold spores are part of the natural plant life & can & do enter a home on a daily basis. A client can have water damage at any time after an inspection & given the right mixture of dampness, darkness, no air movement high humidity,etc, etc. mold can grow. What we offer our clients is basically a snapshot in time. On this day mold was found or not found by means of tape lift & air sampling indoors & outside for comparisons. A remedial plan may or may not be written depending on the client or circumstances. No warranty or guarantee is made. We offer our clients data to make their own educated decision. To do otherwise could be suicide as you have pointed out in your posts. Great to discuss with you all. DOUG

Originally Posted By: rmumma

Hi,the company I am taking a mold inspection course through let’s the owner decide, like Mr. Willis said. They believe stop moisture, stop mold. Water entry and humidity are some of the main topics in their course.

Tom Turner wrote:
Jerry,

They do have a "master inspector" program. I do not think it is a national thing, but some chapters do a peer review and oversee an inspection.

TomT

Tom,

"They" (ASHI) does not have a Master Inspector program. ASHI is who we were referring to.

Any chapter can set up whatever they want to, but they cannot call themselves an "ASHI Master Inspector" because there is no such thing. Well ... they "can" call themselves whatever they want to, but they ARE NOT ASHI Master Inspectors (I should put it that way).

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

You guys just don’t get it.

IF YOU TEST FOR MOLD, and the results come back 'okay', you have just cleared that house.

You may call it anything you like, BUT YOU JUST CLEARED THAT HOUSE. IT IS YOURS, if there is a mold problem which develops.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida