Nick.. You won't believe it

If your talking to me Erol…I mean you have to pay Rowen to belong to the club…“correct”…or am I wrong?

Those are all prices to the consumer …not the inspector I would think…all you are paying for is to be listed on their website as being Certified. I thought Mike Rowan was holding some position at NACHI ? and …yes that would be Catherine Demsky as the blonde…and any inspector would be waiting in line to hand over their fee to be listed just to hand her a check or credit card number. :slight_smile:

Mr. Rowan has never held a position at NACHI. He was given a position as president of CMI. It was an attempt to unite all home inspection organizations. It failed miserably because Mr. Rowan saw nothing but dollar signs. He stoled the CMI and Move In Certified programs and basically just renamed them. It is sad that this has happen because Mr. Rowan has set back the inspection industry dramatically. We (the inspection industry) will never be united as long as there are greedy people like Mr. Rowan.

Gosh I love the way rumors spread.
Greedy people??:roll: :roll: :roll:
Did a little research on certified preowned home inspections.
An interesting thing I found was Mr Rowan created a site www.certifiedpreownedhouse.com wayyyy back in Sept 2004.
Nickey did his last year, three years latter :roll: :roll:

Stay tuned there is an intersting conversation going on about this years nachos free convention.
Guys… gotta admit ole nickeys reputation is slipping fast with some of his members that he gave free memberships to at the ITA convention last year.

I’m doing my best to defend nick, been kinda tough so far.
Gotta do a little more research/ interviewing to get the full story;)

So what is half of the inspectors? 3? To be honest, I couldn’t find any. :smiley:

From what I heard realtors find them in the MLS system every day.

Another neet thing is the realtors automaticaly down load the reports, instead of looking for Fido to fetch them:twisted: :twisted:

Well, Mr Harris, since you are on the “in” of CPOL, please give the “in” people this suggestion. They need to make their website user friendly. I have tried off and on to find an inspector and short of using a blow horn and getting an echo, I could not, until this very minute, find one. And for the sake of argument, if you want to gouge money out of the consumer, I would suggest that money NOT be the topic on every part of this website. Bad salesmanship. As a consumer, I was very turned off by it.
Regards

Oh, and Real Estate Agents can also download Move In Certified.
And what is with the devil faces?

Well Nick, do you believe it? :wink:

They’re the recommnded inspection price for a home under 10 years old and less tha 2,000 sq. ft. and is not the fee to sign up. I don’t know about their fees.

<insert 400 winks></insert 400 winks> LOL…

Dan, the words on the site you reference were taken from the pre-listing section of a book written 8 years earlier: http://www.nachi.org/SELLYOURHOME

Anyway, the fact that we did this first should not be important to anyone, no more than you should buy a FORD simply because it was invented before CHEVY.

And the fact that we offer it for free should not be too important to anyone either. So you get suckered for $400 at the ASHI convention. If you’re at that convention you’re probably not the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with.

The important fact is that www.MoveInCertified.com is at least 3 times as good. A much better product, much better service, developed first, and offered for free.

It’s tough to sell used KIAs for $150,000.00 each when the dealer next door is giving away Rolls Royces for free.

Mike is a smart fella, he knows where to find our industry’s stupidest inspectors all in one room.

Brilliant! Realtors will be addicted to this program like its heroin after convincing one of their clients to fork out hundreds on an pre-listing inspection that deems their property “unmarketable”.

How’s this for a testimonial …

Its funny how this “program” practically steals from InterNACHI in almost every facet (marketing verbiage, the binder, yard signs, report hosting, etc) and it still fails miserably to match up to it. But in the end, all that matters is a bunch of dumb sheep got their fill of false hope in exchange for handing a check to a smokin’ hot blonde!:mrgreen:

I think that this would be against some State SOP’s.

Is it me, or would the preset prices be considered price fixing?

Price Fixing Businesses may engage in another type of crime known as “price fixing,” or conspiring with competitors to charge a minimum price for their products. This practice forces consumers to pay more for a particular product than would be charged in a “non-price fixing” competitive environment. Businesses are rewarded with higher profit margins because this practice does not force them to conform to market forces. Price fixing is a violation of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890, which was passed to ensure that a competitive free market exists, which results in competitive pricing. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the United States Department of Justice have primary jurisdiction over businesses that engage in violations of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act.

Just wondering…

In Indiana, I also wonder if this applies to CPOL.
FONT=Times New Roman directly or indirectly compensate realty agents, or other parties[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]having a financial interest in closing or settlement of real estate[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]transactions, for the referral of inspections of or inclusion on a[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]list of recommended inspectors, preferred providers, or similar[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]arrangements;[/FONT]

Gloria, careful. :wink: Their prices are the “average” as stated in their web site. The inspector can charge whatever he wants.

You are right Erol, but I had a hard time finding that. Under Definitions and Inspection Types, it doesnt state that. Only under Inspection Fees.

It is hard to notice at first glance. :wink: Many here have had success with pre- listing inspections, but I haven’t been able to get a seller to even think about it overnight. :neutral:

Best investment I ever made. Saved 400.00 on an IR camera alone, besides that I worked a deal with a vender to save all AZ inspectors the same:D :smiley:

Hmm. Wasn’t Mike a vender at your last convention???:roll: :roll:

Dan, Yes, Michael was at our www.nachi.org/torontolive/ and couldn’t find any stupid inspectors there. I’m glad you’ve let us know that he’s found many at the ASHI convention. I knew he would. He knew too. I’m very happy for him. I hear he’s come up with a new $395 IR Certified logo called CertifiedPreOwnedInfrared, very similar to our free www.nachi.org/ir.htm to sell at ASHI’s next convention. It’s like shooting stupid fish in a barrel. Go Mike!