Nick, your new and tough test is great

Not that it should be any concern of yours way down in AZ but I am developing my new website as time permits.

I’m not sure where you got the information that AZ is ASHI county… The facts are there are apx 1400 inspectors in AZ… 120 plus or minus are ASHI members and NACHI / nick claims to have the same amount.
The only difference that I see is that ASHI members have been here 20 or so years and nachi been here 3 or 4 years, add in the factor that nachi members, not only in AZ but every where else in the country [that make it in this profession ]join ashi after they reconise the value of having professional national reprenstation to the media, goverment etc. and they qualify for ashis membership requirements I suspect the numbers will change.

As far as non compliant ashi members that information is available on the BTR site. To date that may be true as complaints may be 2 or more years old before there posted on the BTR site and nachis only been around for that same time.

It’s not a concern at all.
I just spent a couple hours looking for an inspector to refer to a former customer thats buying a property 200 miles away, the ashi guy did not have a web site and all the nachi inspector sites I looked had the same BS.

None of the sites I viewed told me why I or any other experienced inspector should refer them to some one that placed their trust in me to provide a recommendation.

This is getting old. There are more independent HI’s in AZ. and the number of ASHI and NACHI members are almost the same. I am going to tell you the whole story with out any fluff. NACHI members won’t get organized and be involved in local BTR policy’s ( they sit and cry about everything that is wrong but I never have seen any of them at any BTR meetings or Legastrative meetings) ASHI has members that go to BTR meetings and stay active in the comunities (that is how they get things done) If NACHI doesn’t like the way thing are they can get involved and voice there views like everyone else. I have seen more independent HI’s at meetings and involved in the communities then NACHI members. Get involved or shut up and live with the outcome of your lack of backbone.:twisted:

</IMG>

I agree its very old.

But you raise some very good points with regard to HIs involvement in regulation boards and the legislative process. If we don’t get involved, the future of Home Inspection regulation in our associated states WILL be determined largely by those who take the time to influence the rules and regs we end up practicing under. Ask yourself this-

Do you want realtors, lawyers and insurance companies to be the exclusive voice in determining your future ability to make a living?

Do you trust those mentioned above to have your interests in mind when they are lobbying your Representatives?

Something to think about guys and gals.

Sorry…was not taking it personal…WOULD love to have you attend a class…:slight_smile:

Dan thanks for the phone call, I appricaiated it.:smiley: Talk to you soon.

M Craig thanx for speaking for Dan, :slight_smile: and all of AZ NACHI;) , maybe you will make it to a meeting.:twisted:

I went to the NACHI meeting in Phoenix. I was bombarded by venders trying to sell me things that I didnt need. If we have meaningful meetings with substance I will come to them. I already talk to local Lawyers so I don’t need to hear Joe F.

Oh I don’t speak for all of AZ. NACHI I gave that up 2 yrs ago. AZ NACHI has no voice That is why NACHI is laughed at by so many here in AZ.

I honestly think that Dan has some very good points here recently. In anything in life if we don’t get involved by sitting committees, voting, or otherwise participating in the political process at hand, then we have no cause to complain about a state or gov’t showing a certain bias or bent.

I also tend to believe Dan when he says that he isn’t just covering ASHI butts. There are usually oversights to most political processes and I think that some red flags would be thrown most likely if favoritism was rampant.

Keep the gold and shed the dross… there is good to be had in all.

I also tend to believe Dan when he says that he isn’t just covering ASHI butts. There are usually oversights to most political processes and I think that some red flags would be thrown most likely if favoritism was rampant.

Yes there are oversights, to see false accustations like this against others by name] in this profession [on an open to the public BB] that indicates anything different is just one of many examples of how ignorant and brainwashed members of an org owned and controled by one individual can be.
The facts are, [1] I’ve been a part of several committee reviews, at every review there are 3 or 4 certified inspectors, [never once were all members of one org], a public member, and one or two BTR reprensenatives present.

[2] Members of the committee DO NOT detertime what if any action is taken against the home inspector.

I honestly think that Dan has some very good points here recently. In anything in life if we don’t get involved by sitting committees, voting, or otherwise participating in the political process at hand, then we have no cause to complain about a state or gov’t showing a certain bias or bent.

Great to hear that perspective from a member of another org.

I am waiting for AZ to require cont ed. and can’t wait to see ole nicks responce when and if AZ refuses to give state approved CE credits for venders promoting alarm systems that give inspectors kick backs, 8 hrs for one day “certificiation” mold seminars, and for him and his marketing puppets flying to AZ to promote nachi and promote his questionable auto sales marketing gimmicks. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Dan,

I’ve been listening to false accusation’s comming out of you for over three years and have been silent until now. the badge of honor you claim to wear as a professional HI is dulled by the constant battering of NACHI and it’s membership. there is no brainwashing involved, just a select group of people from all walks of life trying to run there business and do the very best that the can for there clients. everyone that has come to this board for any length of time knows you have hard feeling with Nick. O.K so be it but that does not give you the right to, in your words, come onto an open message board and make all members look like there new to the inspection industry, or somehow inferior to you and your association. Some day I hope you can get over the hurt little boy syndrome and act like the professional you claim to be.

[quote=mbazzo]
Dan,

I’ve been listening to false accusation’s

Please share with me one false accusation that I’ve made.
Everything that I claim can be verified from my 2 years as a nachi member and from posts mabe on this site.

Some day I hope you can get over the hurt little boy syndrome and act like the professional you claim to be.
No hurt little boy syndrome here. The only thing here is a member of this profession seeing inspectors with minuium training claim to be superior other others, providing inspections that don’t come close to meeting states minuium requirments, that has and always will be a black eye in our profession until inspectors reconise that nicks online certificiations and non verified membership requirments are worthless and decieving to the public in states that have lic requirments.
The day I and many others accept nachi is the day nachi members get over the poor me i’m the victom of ashi syndrome , nachi members accept the fact that other members of this profession are not dishonest and org biased when volunteering for positions that can only make our profession stand out as creditable with the public, nachis owner and members quit bashing and claim superiority over members of other orgs, be accountable like others that belong to other orgs, accept the fact that nachi membership, nickys on line quiz and other non verified membership requirements do not make nachi inspectors superior over others .

[quote=dharris]

worth repeating.

Harris is always mad. He is mad at Nick, me and Ginger and Maryann

Gary… thats not true… I consider you a good guy because you are committed to keeping the bad guys under control in your other life …:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

oh dan it happens everywhere…I got (3) guys around here that are ASI and NHI and their inspection reports do not meet what VA would require and in fact their electrical evaluations were lacking…because i happen to be the electrician to come in after them…

So you don’t understand…it has NOTHING to do with NACHI…their are good and bad inspections in EVERY org… It would not be VERY good of a FOUNDER to not TOOT their own horn…so NICK toots the NACHI horn alot…Big Deal…I would expect a FOUNDER to do that…

Heck we make products in one of my other companies…Do I TOOT the horn on them being BETTER, SMARTER and FASTER…yep…every chance I get…am I BIAS…Yep…sure am…have every right to be…

Ford versus Chevy…McDonalds Versus Wendys…everyone has opinions and views…you have a right to yours…but it is FUTILE to think you could sway anyone from NACHI on posts and comments…lol…I find it quite interesting and entertaining…but in truth…I hardly think the rants will change anything and in fact I am sure 100% that NICK loves the posts…it brings traffic…and singles out personal views and well…just may bring even more members to NACHI than ever before…

Every heard that bad publicity or good publicity is better than NO publicity…:slight_smile:

Paul… I agree with one exception.
If one inspector regardless of org affiliation attends a local CE seminar that has any value to provide our customers a better and informed report with other experienced inspectors in his or her area and learns something new from the course and or from other experienced inspectors, opposed to bogus marketing or one day mold gimmicks, it’s all worth it. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

If nick gets more members, oh well, at least they may realize the necessity of needing quality CE after getting the min.state required ed. and may demand quality CE from nachi
The way it looks to many others now… NACHIs position is, Your state certified and equal to all others… all you need now is training for additional services and marketing, don’t worry about a thing, give nick 289.00 and he’s got you covered.
The sad fact is… there are a LOT of inspectors that bought into nickys marketing BS that are starving. These same inspectors are still believing CE should be free, believe nicks policy that kissing up to realtors by writing soft reports is the way to get work, getting kickbacks from who ever will pay them, alarm and termite treatment companys] ,buying bonds that will put them out of business with one claim, opposed to E@O , and cutting pricing below 2000 pricing in last ditch attempts to stay in business.

Why do I care? Because it’s my profession too, what others do makes an impression on the whole profession.

Hmm…well i can say Nick has never taken a dime from me and he gives away PLENTY of memberships at the chapter meetings…in fact in OHIO I saw them give away like 10 free memberships.

I guess I just don’t see it as you do…Nick is a founder…but he has never told me HOW to run my business, He has never told me to KISS up to any real estate agents and well personally I am my own person as I would think many are here…

The factor in obtaining CE Credits is up to the individual…now I have not done many classes for NICK and NACHI…I suspect because I am too expensive…lol…I may post here for free but I dont TEACH for free…lol… but he has not ONCE not taken care of me in any regards.

it is GREAT that you care…we need MORE that care but I do not think NICK has anything to do with that…in fact you MAY be giving him way more credit in the industry than he probably wants or deserves…

I also do NOT write soft reports…not sure I have ever heard him say that…but again I have never met the man personally…but I do not believe I have heard him say anything about that…so i can’t comment on it.

As for starving…I know many that bought into ITA’s, AHIT and the good old sally struthers BS on TV about becoming a HI…they all got paid…same song and dance…

Point is…Many starve because they did not have a plan or capital to withstand the plan…I have dealers in the US and Canada…some do well and some are doing worse…it is LACK of planning and financial ability…

You can LEAD a horse to water…and it can drink…after that at some point hte freakin HORSE has to trot for itself…( now thats a crappy analogy…but its all I got…lol…I am sleepy…lol )

Anyway…I did a CE class in Colorado…15-20 people turned out…I truly would have liked to see 50-100 turn out…if for example of the people that DO post on the boards…a small percentage STILL find electrical issues the most POSTED thing on the boards…then it means some are still confused…so…if given the chance to sit in on a “Experts” 8 hour class for a simply $ 125.00…for 7 CE credits and they MIGHT learn something…how come their were not 50 people their…???

Again CE’s are up to the individual…NACHI has stepped UP to make it happen if they want it…heck I will be in SC in 2 weeks…I simply do NOT know how many will attend…but again I don’t do this for my health…sure I get paid…but I also think I have something to GIVE…and in fact I think NICK lost money in Denver,CO on the last event because Tom DID a wonderful job…the food was awesome and well…after paying ME…I just dont see how NICK does it…so to say he is NOT for education is way off in my opinion…

Just some thoughts…I am rambling now…because I am half asleep…lol

Dan,

Also I forgot…at some point it is BEYOND the organization to have any effect on this…

CE is and always will be up to the individual…if a HI is in a state that has no requirements ( state wise ) then it is up to THEM to achieve the CE credits…while NACHI and other org’s do have CE requirements…I think NACHI does a heck of a good job making them available to members.

Look you got NACHI funding this NCT Training, You got NACHI funding people like myself, Joe T, Russell, Joe F and I am sure I am forgetting some others but the point is…it is all about education.

I can tell you one thing…IF someone wants some REAL education they can simply spend a day on the boards reading OLD posts…browse around and read the many TOP NOTCH comments on the boards and can learn quite a bit…heck give them 4 CE points just for doing that…the point is…at some time the CE credits will be come redundant…how many classes on roofing can one person take before it becomes ENGRAINED…

I do notice you say " Quality CE " from NACHI…so I have to ask…can you LIST some examples of " NON-QUALITY" CE classes…I am not debating you but rather I would REALLY like to know…

Since I have gone back and read some of the issues in this topic…I have reflected on some of your posts…while you are trying hard to get some kind of word out…I guess we need to get past the rambling and visa versa bashing…In Plain Verbage…LIST your issues with NACHI…and SUPPORT THEM 100% without speculation and rumors and then move on…

Note: Man I woke up with a headache and reviewed what I typed the night before…EDIT…EDIT…EDIT

Disclaimer - Never TYPE while DRUNK…