Nick, your new and tough test is great

Hey Brian… I would love to come to a chapter meeting… If the chapter has something of interest, *I’ll be there, *the last two things I saw proposed were, get mold certified or come and see nicks lawyer. Quite frankly I have no desire to become mold certified in one day and cannot see any reason to spend my evening away from my lawyer wife to see a lawyer that defends nicks actions and peddles E@O insurance.
</IMG>

I knew you would come up with something.:stuck_out_tongue: :roll: I believe our host is a former AZ ASHI President, imagine that?:wink:

Alan is a good friend, I attended his school 5 years ago, I talk to him weekly and was a guest on his radio show a few weeks ago.

If your reading into this gesture that he supports nick you may be mistaken. From what I’ve gathered Alan will provide his location to help AZ inspectors reguardless of org affiliation.

I am not reading anything into it Dan. Just some HI’s do not seem to need to disparage others, that’s all.:slight_smile:

Brian if you determined that my intent was to disparage others it was not meant to be that at all.

To me it’s frustrating to see 1400 inspectors in our state and less than 20% belong to any org at all.

For the past couple days I am in a frustrating position.
I had a former customer call me and ask if I would go to Show Low to inspect a 2nd home that he is buying. Told him that was to far and referred an inspector that I referred 4 or 5 times in the past, I met this inspector at several CE seminars over the past 5 years and felt confortable referring him.
Yesterday this customer emails me and tells me that this inspector is moving out of state and would not be able to do the inspection and did I know anybody else as this inspector informed him that there was not another inspector in his area that he would recommend.

Now I’m don’t know what to tell this customer. For me to recommend some one my first priority is does the inspector provide an inspection that provides more than the states minimum requirements, does he have more than the required 80 hrs HI training ,and his he committed to our profession by attending quality CE, and not some seminar on marketing , belong to an org that gives 8 hrs CE for mold training, and listening to an org owner tell people how great he is.

Am I better than others, heck no, as I learn something new at every CE seminar that I attend by two avenues, one the CE subject, and 2nd talking to other inspectors that have more experience and knowelge than I do or will ever have.

Would I refer a nachi inspector or an inspector that did not belong to any org, darn right I would if he or she showed that they were committed to our profession by seeking out quality local CE that can only make that inspector more informed than others.

If this is considered disparaging, I offer no apology as we all have the obligation that I take very seriously ] to provide our customers the most informed report, as far as I’m concerned the report must exceed the states minimum requirements, to me that alone does not come from online courses, an orgs chat boards and marketing classes.

</IMG>

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, Maybe Mr. dharris should start “Certifying” ALL local CE so he can stop whining on this board. He is so very tiresome and contributes nothing to the industry for all his childish ranting here.

What ever…:roll: :roll: :roll:
After your in this profession for a few years your opinion may change, that is if you don’t get sued out of business due to not performing inspections comparable to others in your state.

Unfortunately with that attitude this may be part of the reason there are over 100 complaints against HI on file with the state at any given time.
Ironictly if you read the BTR site listing completed complaints against HIs you’ll find that most of the time the claim was not valid enought to go against the HI but the HI got nailed for not meeting the SOP.
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Dan, from one of your earlier posts, I take it, you will not be attending the ITA(ASHI) shindig in Vegas to get the ASHI aprroved CE’s in marketing (more than one class offered).:stuck_out_tongue:

And where can I find the HI complaint info you referred to???

Apparently Mr dharrris is also clairvoyant as he now can determine my attitude and how I conduct my inspection business.

In any case I wish him well and especially that he may find some happiness in this life that is not at the expense of others.

Well fella…if you think our ELECTRICAL SEMINARS are bogus…I suggest rather than LIP service you BUCK up and pay the money and attend one. I will be in SC next month…if you REALLY want to learn something…come visit…

What information do you have on Mr Larson that gives you the impression he’s just starting out? as an established Hi, I find your fact finding questionable at best and hope you put more effort in your inspections then you do with your posts on our message board.
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Ive heard it mentioned many times that Arizona is ASHI country, What does that say about your organization Dan?

Brian: Dan is a member of the BTR Investigation committee he refers to the complaints that he See’s at the meetings they are not public record until the committee decides to take action on them, This could be six months from now. When an action is deemed by the committee it will be brought up to the Board and a disciplinary action is taken at this time the HI is notified and the complaint is posted on the web sight. At any given time there are increadable amounts of complaints filed, But thanks to Dan and his committee most of the HI’s are given a second chance and not disciplined. You all need to think about all the bad things you think of Dan he really spares many people from being taken before the BTR and serious charges being filed.
Brian as I have said before more of our local NACHI members need to be involved in the BTR and Politics of things that affect us here in AZ.
There are monthly meetings at the BTR that are open to the public where you can see them in action. Investigative meetings are closed to the public ( but if you were nice to some of the members you might find out a little info on if anyone has filed against you :wink: )

Paul… Don’t take it so personal.

I never intended to say that your or other seminars do not have value. I’ve been to 4 or 5 electrical and several other seminars provided by professional trades man over the past five years and learned something new ever time.
Come to AZ and I’ll be there and am more than willing to pay for the education.

We all can learn from a professional presentation by a licensed or certified trades person, adding in the factor that experienced local inspectors with 10-15 years in the field inspecting and sharing their experiences on the topic on local applications make the course more valuable.

If it is true that AZ is a state with a heavy ASHI membership, then isn’t Dan and the committee doing dothing more than protecting their members in most cases?

I have to admit it was just an assumption, looking at his web the only credentials or experience listed are that he completed and paid for nicks minimum non - verified/enforced / non existent requirements.

Absolutely NOT: If you research members on this committee you will find that the members are split between Ashi , NAHI and non Ashi members.

The BTR welcomes all AZ inspectors to apply and they only care about your experience and if your willing to provide one or two days a month to review reprts and serve on committes.

Never once in the two years that I’ve been on this committee has there been and there will never be any preference given.

If I had any say an ashi member would get hit harder than a non ashi member for the sole reason that person represents the org I belong to, And YES I would expect the same treatment against me by the ASHI and non ASHI committe members If I screwed up.

I encourage you to go back on the archives of this BB, apx 3 years ago in OCT or Nov. and read the false information and BS posted by your leader and the responce provided by the BTR director {All in Bold] to nick.
It may enlighten you knowelge of ole nicky, that is the only time nicky shut up and ate his humble pie.

What it tells me that AZ home owners demands the best possible inspectors and welcomes ASHIs rigid and enforced requirments that exceed the states minuium requirements.

What it tells me is that with such a large Ashi presence in AZ, that a large number of those found non compliant would be Ashi members. as far as home owners go, most really don’t have a clue about HI organizations or have little knowledge so thats really nothing but a fluff statement. guess Nick isn’t the only one that can spin a story

Quote: Originally Posted by mcraig But thanks to Dan and his committee most of the HI’s are given a second chance and not disciplined. You all need to think about all the bad things you think of Dan he really spares many people from being taken before the BTR and serious charges being filed.
If this is indeed the case then the HIs with complaints against them in AZ should be grateful for Dan’s intervention. He could be more useful here if he wrote on some of the complaints he has been involved in after they have be settled. This would actually help those here to avoid the same circumstances that brought the complaint and raise the level of complia. How about Dan?

My issue with him is the BAD ATTITUDE he often displays with regard to Nick and NACHI. I chose to join NACHI for valid business reasons. I find Mr. dharris a distraction from what is the best part of NACHI
(HIs helping other HIs by bringing to the table their expertise and experiences for the benifit of all)

Note:This post was delayed as I received a phone call while i was writing it to schedule some more work! Business before message board:)