Now taking Nominations for Best Defect Pictures for July

Now is the time here, to submitt your Best Defect Pictures for July.

Good luck to all and thanks to the ones that participate. :):smiley:

I felt this box was a little too full of connections… hmmm.

Curtis, you sure they could not have got a couple more in there?;):slight_smile:

I recommended to budget to rebuild the deck amongst others…

Deck looks fine compared to everything else. :mrgreen:

I just watched a re-run of “the men who built america”, and this quote perfectly fit with this post!

“Innovation is not a big breakthrough invention every time. Innovation is a constant thing. But if you don’t have an innovative company coming to work every day to find a better way you don’t have a company. You’re getting ready to die on the vine.” – Jack Welch, Former CEO of GE

Sorry, didn’t realize the rules…haven’t been a member for several years. Just wanted to show this pic of how they installed “new” piers to level the floor!!

Nice Picture jvogan, but only Members can participate in the Awards Category.

Join Membership Now. :):smiley:

Just don’t touch the 2x4 and everything will be fine.

Nice. Missing cleanout, uless buried.

Looks like they proped the hub and spigot line up when they used a fernco coupling to switch to abs piping. The pipe strap appears loose.

Nice find.

Old enough to be brass pipe or is that copper. ?:):wink:

No cleanouts anywhere. That is part of a copper line (which was ABS in the wall above) going into the cast main. There was also pvc and abs scattered throughout. The worst part of this house was that the homeowner let their 4 giant newfoundland dogs use the house as their indoor toilet.

Wow!:slight_smile:

Don’t forget to post your Best Defect Pictures:)

Roof drain/vent stack combo

Flat roof house, no plumbing vent on the roof, drain only.
The upper part is the roof drain coming down and out the side of the house, 4-5 feet high.
The lower part is the vent connecting the soil stack to the roof drain.

My first time submitting, nice little water heater attachment here

Did it stop the drip?:wink:

Thanks for participating. :slight_smile:

Can I nominate the changed INachi website? :smiley:

Nope! I use the -----Inachi 2008. :mrgreen:

This home was bank owned, I was hired to inspect it for a buyer, it had a mold problem that a remediation company cleaned; sheet rock and flooring was removed in many areas. I found the water leak source…

FYI, water was shut off, no meter in the house, my buyer walked away too much work. I hope the next guy doesn’t just put up a ceiling and turn on the water…

No need for an SE these will hold!!!