Seeing the "NACHI Effect" here now

Who’s smarter than who, Brian? :mrgreen:

The average life of expectancy of an inspector in the U.S. and Canada is now just 2.2 years. The average life expectancy of an InterNACHI member is 4.1 years. Affordable advanced training combined with strong marketing/business success tools will nearly double the length of your inspection career. If you’d normally make it in biz 3 years?.. join InterNACHI and succeed for 6 years.

Keep spinning, Nick!

Question: Are all members practicing HI’s?

From what I see in my province, 2 of the first 3 NACHI members are out of business and not even members anymore while the third offers HI as a sideline to a high tech engineering/testing firm serving industry. Makes you wonder though why engineers who can demand and make much higher wages are in the HI field…not making it in their primary business???

From our local association list, the average life of members is 5.5 years but this doesn’t tell the story. 7 out of 24 members have been in the HI business
for 10 or more years…here’s the years in business of these folks: 10, 14, 14, 14, 16, 16, 24.

Will keep you posted!!!

And to those thinking of the field…KEEP YOUR DAY JOB!!!

Seeing the "NACHI…5/23/08 2:43 AM

Jeez!!! Even getting green from members!!

Keep using those scare tactics!!

Not from me.:shock:

I love how NACHI bashers give up their profession and totally dedicate their lives to disproving our existence. LOL

Here is an example. This gentleman…if he is to be taken at his word…has followed his obsession to the extent of interviewing every home inspector “in his province” to determine exactly, to the number, how many are members of NACHI and how many are not…and what happens to them after belonging for X number of years.

This must have taken years, considering the fact that the majority of home inspectors in the field belong to NO associations at all. Certainly, our wizard of statistics would not have eliminated the largest and most dominant figure from his detailed analysis of “his province”.

NACHI has proven itself to the degree that it has acquired enemies of every naysayer who has predicted its demise for the last six or seven years.

Mike O’Handjob still devotes an entire website…and all six of the people who post there…to anti-NACHI rhetoric.

But we are here…and we will be here…and, unlike the other associations who have also lost inspectors due to the market conditions of the recent year or two, we are replacing our losses.

People are actually reading the ASHI propoganda and still hiring NACHI inspectors. They are reading the hype of the need for licensing being spread around by vendors of tests and classes…and ignoring it.

The consumer appreciates the skill of their inspector no matter what association(s) he does or does not belong to. NACHI gives him a few more reasons to appreciate us than other associations, I’ll admit, but for the most part…he is still oblivious to the lies that are spread in favor of licensing and in disfavor of NACHI.

So go on, MacNeish. Prove Mr. Disraeli correct in his proverb that “There are lies. There are damned lies. And there are statistics.”

Your arguments are meaningless.

Actually you make some good points. I’ll see about getting an outside polling firm to do a survey of fee structures of home inspectors by telephone.

Although WHAT inspectors are charging isn’t as important as important as WHY.

Yes, the housing market is soft. Yes, licensing and diploma mill associations are dumping inspectors into the field. Yes, stupid real estate agents price shop. But we at InterNACHI have to rise above that and win.

GREAT POST AND OBSERVATION. My point exactly, but stated better!!!

Promote yourself as quality inspections, NOT “I’m the lowest cost” Would it ever occur to these nitwits, that the ONLY reason they are getting business, is that they are cheap, and not necessarily good?

Ya don’t get a cadillac at a chevy price. Quality costs!!!

Excellent posts James Bushart and David Cook!!

Have you ever shown that line to Nick??? He might like to know such intelligent information!!! He posted the stats firstly and maybe erroneously!!! Let him know how the world really works!!! :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The ever “helpful” Brian filling us with his wisdom and convinced that he has all the answers.

Fully prepared to tell everyone else how to run their business our fearless crusader and guest deluges us with his “facts” and we are just supposed to say Yes sir. Thank you sir. :roll:

Do you live close to Raymond?

No Michael he doesn’t live close to Raymond. Do you live close to James Bushart?

He’s scraping so hard for answers…he has resorted to quoting Roy Cooke as an authoritative source.:smiley: :smiley:

I think that some of these guys and their inability to break from the herd of NACHI bashers provide us with living proof that early (and very lonely) Candadian settlers engaged in intimate relations with moose. For some reason, their offspring are drawn to our message board.:roll:

Gee, I wonder who Wally might be. Just can’t stay away can he?:shock:

Nope. The pathetic little beast is controlled by his disease.

Glad to be drunk

A completely inebriated man was stumbling down the street with one foot on the curb and one foot in the gutter. A cop pulled up and said, “I’ve got to take you in, pal. You’re obviously drunk.”

Our wasted friend asked, “Officer, are ya absolutely sure I’m drunk?”

“Yeah, buddy, I’m sure,” said the copper. “Let’s go.”

Breathing a sigh of relief, the wino said, “Thank goodness, I thought I was crippled.”

Michael,

The a$shole has nowhere to go! He is addicted to NACHI.:shock:

You Must Be A Redneck If

• You recycle your own toilet paper

• Your mom has to shave more times a month than your dad

• You see a bill board that says “Don’t do crack” and it reminds you to pull up your pants.

• You stare at a carton of orange juice because it says “concentrate.”

• Your bumper sticker reads: “One more Whore and We Get Gore.”

• The nativity scene you set up in your yard at Christmas includes two pink flamingos and baby Jesus lying in a painted tire.

• Most of your teeth are on a chain around your neck.

• You hunt from your bedroom window.

• Your dad walks you to school because you’re in the same grade.

• You refrigerate your food stamps.

• You use a 10 penny nail to pick your teeth after a night of road kill.

• You have ever dressed your child as a “Snot-rag” for Halloween.

• Your idea of a loaded dishwasher is getting your wife drunk.

• You and your spouse get divorced and you are still relatives.

• You go to your local ice cream store and order Copenhagen “sprinkles” on your cone.

• You know instinctively that red wine goes with opossum.

• You’re always looking to find your Mother-in-Law’s picture on the back of a milk carton!

• The officer that just pulled you over asks if “you have any I.D.”…and you respond “About whut?”

• You take a beer to a job interview.

• You are caught roll’n your trailer down the street to jump start the heater.

• When you finish eatin’ your bologna you use the rind for dental floss.

• You go to Goodwill to meet women.

• You and your friends are putting an engine in a pickup, drinking beer, and the conversation is: Which county jail has the best food!