Seeing the "NACHI Effect" here now

:look-up:

The Beav. :freaked-:

http://www.heywtf.com/dance/hey-ya/

Round and round we go where Ray stops everybody knows:shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

is this like a scratch post thing, missing poodle bed or a missing baby blanket as a child

http://www.cleanjoke.com/humor/Break-Dancing-Politicians.html

The magic mans friends from the beach, he’s all that and a bag of potato chips

fat_woman_in_bikinis.jpg

http://www.heywtf.com/standup-comedy/southpark-joke/

TURN UP YOUR SPEAKERS!

William:

I see you have a lot of respect for women. Have you shown this board to your wife??

Sad! Sad! Sad!

Its a picture of his wife and daughters.

Have you checked inspection news and the inspection journal rag sheet sights lately?

Steven,

I barely have time to read posts made here, why would I waste my time reading a MB that a known a$shole “wand” frequents?

[quote=mkyriacou]
Steven,

I barely have time to read posts made here, why would I waste my time reading a MB that a known a$shole “wand” frequents?/quote

BINGO!!!!!                 

TURN UP YOUR SPEAKERS

It is really quite simple:

There are only so many inspections to be done, therefore every inspection we capture for an InterNACHI member is one less available for his non-member competitors.

…and…

Each inspector is only more trained or less trained than his competitors, therefore, every time we provide free or nearly free advanced training to an InterNACHI member, we make him technically stronger relative to his non-member competitors.

Now will any one of these kill a non-member and wipe out his inspection business? No. But thousands of them will and do. I’ll give you an example. This week we released this Consumer’s Guide to Well and Water Quality: http://www.nachi.tv/episode35 and have begun emailing it to consumers. The links found within take the consumer to www.InspectorLocator.com which of course only lists InterNACHI members. Now, if a consumer decides to hire an InterNACHI member to do a water test on an inspection, or even better, decides to hire an InterNACHI member to do a home inspection because he also offers water testing… that decision results in one less inspection being available to non-members.

Now will a non-member go out of business tomorrow morning because an InterNACHI member got one inspection he could have had? No. Of course not. BUT… do this over and over and over again, and the non-member doesn’t figure out what’s going on until it is too late. Throw in all the other advantages InterNACHI members enjoy (discounts, listings, free stuff, success tools, etc) and it becomes tougher and tougher to compete against InterNACHI members.

It isn’t death by cannon… it is death by paper cut, or rather death by 1,000 paper cuts.

Don’t think me evil. All I’m doing is fighting to help InterNACHI members. If you are a non-member with children to feed… join us. Best you have InterNACHI (and me) fighting for you and your family instead of against you.

Keep your other memberships if you want to. Don’t think of it as joining our team… think of it as having me on your team.

Hear! Hear!

Had an inspection a couple of weeks ago. Foreclosure, young couple wanted something they could live in while fixing up. Realtor called on a Wednesday, while I was in an inspection, and asked if I could do this one Friday with Radon test too. My standard report is a PDF via email usually the night of the inspection, followed up by a mailed hard copy in a binder, Radon info, Homeowner manual etc. In every mailed report I include a client comment/questionnaire and a SASS envelope to return it. I get a response from most clients. The young lady client commented that the inspection was very detailed, well explained, and the report was excellent. But, I charged too much! They had found somebody “cheaper” but due to time restrictions they had to go with me be cause I was available. If my price was $50 less, the whole package would be very attractive! I refrained from replying with a smart-assed answer. Oh, and at the end of the survey, I ask for permission to use the client as a reference. The comment there was, “I would be glad to act as a reference except that I would have to say you cost too much”. I took the whole thing as a kickback request. Refund me $50 and I’ll give you glowing references. I’ll just send her a card one day thanking her for her positive comments.

Fortunately, a lot of my work comes from independent buyers. I tell anyone who calls and asks for prices that I’m not the cheapest inspector around. Most respond that they don’t want the cheapest, they want a thorough inspection. A lot of price shopping is consumerism of the masses. Where quality is an unknown term, quantity and price is worshiped. Wonder why just about everything you buy says “Made In China”? Walmart-ism is why (not picking on Walmart, it’s just a prime example).

I just did my first 6000+ SqFt custom home, 4 HVAC systems, 2 water heaters, 6 BR, 5 Baths (full), 2 Kitchens and PLUS! It’s $2M foreclosure sitting on a lake. The inspection price was $575 and took 6 hours not including the travel time and report writing time. Believe me, prices for houses over 4000 SF will go UP!

Have a good Memorial Day weekend and please take a moment to remember all those who have sacrificed their bodies and their lives, even today as I type this, to protect us from those who would destroy our freedom to have a communication system such as this.

The “Nachi Effect” gets stronger:

A local INACHI member is now posting even better prices for the consumer on his website:

Houses up to 2000 sq ft…$275
Condo/apartment…$200
Mobile homes…$200

Way to go, Nick!!!

I thought state licensing caused lower pricing:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dan, you drinking the Kool-aid?

No licensing here…probably 2-3 years off and that’s being hopeful. All “Nachi Effect[FONT=Verdana]” from what I can see. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Make it cheap and easy for anyone to be an HI and they will come…since anyone who has ever worked on a house in any manner wants to be a “Home Inspector”. There’s even evidence on a local franchisor’s website (these folks use NACHI to get their newbies certified):[/FONT]

***Testimonial…

“With the excellent support from the Head Office I have sold more franchises in the first six months than I gave myself three years to sell. There are a lot of people who want to become home inspectors- Head Office shows you how to sell them franchises. It has been that simple and straight forward for me.”

A sad state of affairs…that many who aspire will only see the truth when the inevitable end is in sight. The blind and hopeful being led to a slaughter. NACHI…an HI diploma mill and a customer list for vendors!!!

It’s eating at you, isn’t it? LOL

How do you sleep…knowing that there are members of NACHI conducting inspections of residential dwellings, commercial properties and new construction all over the world…taking in thousands and thousands of dollars in a depressed market…that you and others like you are not getting?

With all of the needledicks, like you, spreading your anti-NACHI turds of wisdom throughout the world…people are ignoring you and hiring us, anyway.

I feel your pain.

It must be miserable to know that NACHI people are making money while good, hardworking ASHI inspectors are dropping out to sell shoes at the mall.

Gosh…it must really be terrible to be you.:roll:

Here, I found another one of them mills. What A DEAL!!!

Home Inspection Exam
Pass your ASHI Test Guaranteed! $69 - Free Trial Software Download

Even Better!!! Sign me up.

ASHI Exam Prep
Try it FREE! $39 We guarantee you will pass the exam the first time.
www.CrimsonLearnIng.com](http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=BkYjIOEmFSIeHM6TMhgLlyoSZB4K4kx-27pXKB5vtswWA6jAQAxgDIOlOKCgwATgBUIn6vJv8_____wFgyZaIiPCjiBPIAQGAAgHZAxgGxkzubuZm4AMI&num=3&sig=AGiWqtzdyO6Hcsf6TsRHXzw7Plc1xvbGtw&q=http://www.crimsonlearning.com)