The History of NACHI

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Nick,

Everything I know about NACHI I've learned on this site, which I've only been visiting since I learned of NACHI's existence a few months ago. I'd like to know more, but I've been hunting around the site and can't find anything. Has NACHI's biography been documented?

The Next Bruce Springsteen

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jim M,

Sorry, to my knowledge it has not been documented anywhere but in Nick's head. Maybe he would be willing to give you his head for while so you can have your documentary. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

It is nothing without it’s members. A filed form. An empty field with nothing growing in it and nothing living on it.

If you're talking about all the men and women from all over the world who reside here, operate their businesses, sweep the streets, greet their neighbors, take time to play ball with each other, help each other when any one of us needs help, fight a bit with each other, pray for each other, think together, joke with one another, gather together, police each other, defend each other, collaborate, argue and eat with each other, support each other, sow together, reap together, etc... then I would say that NACHI is a TOWN. A town with strong community ties. A town built and run by it's people.

Nick

Originally Posted By: rsummers

Nick “WOW” that kind of makes me feel all warm inside. icon_smile.gif Maybe we can use this in our marketing of NACHI. Invite all to join our Family. One large community working together for the good HI industry.

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

Wow is right!! But Nick, don’t you think that post should have been in the “Inspirational Messages” thread? icon_wink.gif

This Ole House-Home Inspections

William A. Campbell TREC # 6372

Serving the Texas Coastal Bend

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: Guest

The reason I asked is:

I have formed my impression of NACHI based solely on what I?ve read on this board. Now my experience with another HI org is much broader. I am intimately familiar with my local chapter, and only moderately familiar with the national org. I know that only the tiniest percentage of members ever use the other org?s board. To read that org?s forum would give you a misleading picture of what the lorganization is all about. I guess I was looking for a little more information to round out my impression of this org.

Pardon me for getting too philosophical at this early hour, but I honestly want to know what it means to be a member of NACHI.

The Next Bruce Springsteen

Originally Posted By: jrice

Well,

To me it means being able to ask any question and having someone respond with an answer. It means having a group of HI’s that will lend their support to you even if you are in the same town and competing for the same jobs. I think that the members of this organization will and do go out of their way to help. NACHI has a free library for it’s members to use. A lot of educational refresher material and members that give freely of their time to make this organization that much better.

I don't think any one else can come close to what and how it is offered here at NACHI.

Just my 2 cents worth. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Jeff

Jim M,

The founding idea behind NACHI was to provide low or no cost information which is readily accessible to all of its members.

In keeping with that philosophy, NACHI provides all members with free everything, so for less than $300 a year you get a lot.

Lets start with free ride alongs, free continuing education, free marketing material, free marketing help, free examinations, free documents, free educational books and videos and best of all freedom of expression.

After that you could go to the free glossary, the free affiliates and links exchange, the free message boards, the free business tips and if you need to you can call NACHI and Nick will answer the phone, except when he is sleeping.

That or course would not even include the advice you get from other inspectors which participate on our message boards, regardless of whether they are members since you don't have to join to participate. Many inspectors from other organization come here to ask us questions for fear they will get bashed and demeaned by their piers in their own organization.

If you visit our local chapter meetings, some have given away free software, radon tests, affiliate information and tools. You get to meet with other inspectors in your area which are most likely battling the same problems that you are facing.

<trumpet playing>DA DAH DAH DAAAAAA
and best of all, I will grace you with my presence. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

I have more Myers than I can use right now. Are you saying that full members get even MORE?

Originally Posted By: psabados

He’s more than worth the price of admission. And so are alot of the group. Freebies and In most cases you receive more than what you give.

No bragging, just fact

Paul

Originally Posted By: dbush

Jim, I don’t understand your question about full members getting even more?

What are you referring to? Every member, from the day that they join can enjoy the benefits of what Joe has posted, just as he posted. He didn't say anything else.

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Jim: Members get much more than non-members but working members get no less than full members.

Nick

Jim M,

You have to be a member to enjoy all the benefits of NACHI. NACHI does not give any specific title to any members. Whether you are a newbie, or a seasoned veteran, you also can enjoy all the free or low cost benefits of this association.

All are treated equally here, as it should be. There are no titles except some self proclaimed designations that Joe F decided to place after his name. Don't ask me what the HE** they mean, I have no clue.

When someone joins they are allowed to enjoy our members only section, which is the only part of NACHI that is not shared with the public. Our members like to hash things out among ourselves, so everyone can voice their thoughts on any particular issue, without any fear of reprisal but also out of the public eye.

This is a give and take for all of us, from the novice to the seasoned veteran. One thing you can be certain of, you will not be suspended, expelled or censored for voicing your opinion or point of view.

NACHI has recently added some new and impressive alliances with other companies and experts, such as Joe Tedesco from the NEC.

Recently they added an online university to educate new inspectors, which is also free to members.

You can plainly see what all the hub bub is about, your current association charges you thousands of dollars a year to provide you with less than one fourth of that.

HE**, if it makes you feel better you can even continue to ignore me. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

My crack about members getting more was a jab at Joe Myers. I think he got it, but maybe others didn’t. Anyway, I think I’m getting the idea.

Thanks,

Jim Morrison

Jim M,

Here is another money saving feature brought to you by NACHI, the best inspectors in the country.

Many inspectors are fearing their E & O insurance rates are rising well beyond what is reasonable. Chris Butler has just announced that NACHI members will be getting discounts on E & O insurance which NACHI members purchase through FREA.

FREA has just made your membership to NACHI free. If you join NACHI and use FREA as your insurance carrier, FREA has just more than paid your member fees for the year.

I have heard that many associations claim that NACHI inspectors are the worst. If NACHI inspectors are the worst certainly a major E & O carrier such as FREA would not be willing to offer our members a discount. Now to my knowledge (and I am rubbing this in a little bit) ASHI and NAHI have never been able to provide that to their members. Now who is the best? HE HE HE

Joe Myers

Joe,

Most people don?t know enough about insurance carriers to make informed choices, let alone distinguish one from another. But everybody eats.

There are 5 star restaurants and there is your local fast food joint and both feed people. One place attracts people who want the best and are willing to pay for it, and the other just wants to put arses in seats, stuff their pie hole, then move ?em along. Some times it matters, most of the time it doesn?t. With my insurance, it matters. I shop insurance with the same care as I would a parachute. Quality and performance is my first consideration, price is the last one. Anyone who has had experience with good or bad insurance carriers or parachutes already knows this intuitively.

I like to brag, and I love to laugh. I?m very young, and I?m going to be around for a looong time before I can afford to retire. I?m in this game for the long haul and every business decision I make is designed to go the distance. I?ve learned to look critically at underwriters before writing a check. It?s a business philosophy that has done well by me.

Your case is a little different. You do what Nick tells you to, and he has brought your further than you ever could have got on your own merits. Why change now? I hope you follow your instincts and use the insurer Nick tells you to use.

He who laughs last, laughs best,

Jim

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Jim,

Go away.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Joe F.

Is it my NACHI style "free-wheelin' uncensored mind-speakin' " that offends you or am I just asking questions that make you uncomfortable?

I can tell you are one of the folks who are trying to build something here, but shame on you for not checking the foundation first. Why don't you stop wasting time reading my posts and just get back laying stones in Nick's castle?

Jim

Originally Posted By: jremas

When you can’t vent in your own house you tend to vent where you can; even if it’s at someone elses house.

Anger and frustration comes from a loss of control. Whenever we have no control over somenthing that affects us, anger and frustration is the result.

Anyone can post whatever they want even if they have no clue what they are talking about. If you read it and it sets off your emotion then you are playing into the hands of the "instigator".

Desperation drives many negative actions.

There will be no fee this time for anyone but future posts will have to be billed out payable upon receipt.

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Jim M,

Nick does not "tell" me to do anything. I do things of my own accord because, unlike your kind, I have my own mind and I can make decisions for myself, without following the "in" crowd. That is the big difference between your crowd and mine, I don't have to do anything that I don't want to just to please them. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Nothing wrong with that, if that is what you desire. If you think for one minute that paying more for same thing, you my friend don't need another association, you need a shrink! Pun intended! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Nick has not carried me further than I could have made it own my own, simply because it was me that got me here, not him!

It is true that I am not the best, the biggest or even the smartest inspector but it is you that keep coming over here trying your hardest to make anyone here believe you are better, smarter or even bigger than any of us just because you don't have enough common sense to be a little more frugal with your money.

It could be that you and I are just from two very different worlds. There are many millionaires here on the main line any of which are always looking for the best value, that is why they are staying millionaires. You on the other hand, with the better than thou attitude dream of being as rich as them, never realizing that you never will be with those kind of spending habits, always paying more than you should.

Well, since I have never had personal experiences with being sued and never really having the need for the better insurance so I guess that I will have to live with what I have. It was very nice of you to share with us that you have a need to pay premium dollars for your premium, premiums. Have all ASHI members like you been sued and experienced the need for better insurance, or is it limited to you "God Like" college educated folks? HE**, if that is the case I am just gonna go join ASHI right now, so I can be sued, just like you.

Jim, I still believe you are really one seriously funny dude. I get a good chuckle from just about every other sentence that comes out of your mouth, or in this case, your computer. Although I think you are one witty and funny dude, your intentions for posting here are pretty transparent, just like the company you hold. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

They were some pretty funny comments you made on the "other" forum about us edumacated folks over here at NACHI. I read them and laughed the whole time, although I thought Mike stated he was not supposed to let those kind of comments remain. Censorship, I believe he called it for those of you that want to keep the professional, highly educated approach to being the best. You know, the cream always rises to the top! That means that all five of you world class inspectors can go over there while all 2,000 of us can stay here.

HE**, I like you so much before I move to Florida I am going to buy the house right next to you and we can become really good buds! Will you help me get my inspector license, or do I have to get a real estate license to earn a living while we are neighbors?

Joe Myers