Travisty

There is no weep-screed on the second floor walls where they meet the roof on any home I’ve ever looked at in Arizona.

ASTM sure calls for it

We go by the rules west of the Pecos…“none”…:smiley:

Jennifer-Queen Creek 010.jpg

Every window in the house was like this, just passed final inspection two days ago. City inspectors do not inspect stucco or flashing here.

Jennifer-Queen Creek 013.jpg

Don’t the window mfgr. call for a backer rod and sealant joint in az. Let alone slopeing the stucco so it will drain out away from the house?

No backer rods in Arizona.

Generally most window pop-outs are sloped toward the frame or dead flat.

Isn’t there paper or tyvek flashing around the window when it is framed???

yep…when I added water to the holes it came out of the bottom of the pop-outs…:smiley: …the chicken wire screened my ice-cubes…:smiley:

http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/walls/brick_stucco_housewraps.pdf

Read the last paragraph!

Isn’t the paper/tyvek under the stryofoam? And the stucco over that?

yep, and the chicken wire (which isn’t covered) is under the stucco, so when water runs through the wire it comes out of the bottom of the pop-outs…:smiley:

Ahhhhhhh.:smiley:

Nothin a little parge won’t fix.
What water?:wink:

Hey Carl, Where is that house located at in KC? My brother-in-law is getting ready to build a home north of Smithville Lake and after seeing the development a couple of weeks ago, I told him to not to have the contractor install stucco on his home because of what I had seen on the other new homes in the area where he is building. Same contractor does them all. One of the homes looks almost like what you posted. I also gave him your website to review and to understand the process. Hopefully he will read it, he can be thick-headed sometimes. :roll:

OVPK JO.

But they are all over the metro.

Trying to upload a picture…:shock:

Dale, Thats one big picture!
And a nasty crack.

I guess you can upload pictures here, imagine that…:shock:

I can’t but you sure can!

What is wrong with stucco?
Well lets see, I posted at post #7 and you guys said “what is wrong with stucco?” and then proceeded to back up my claim with 31 posts about the things you continuously find wrong with stucco," with 31 8x10 color photographs with circles and arrows explaining what each one was". It is not so much the stucco itself but the butcher jobs of installation that get me down. EIFS, especially in wet climates, if not installed properly is just a disaster waiting to happen.
Larry
My apologies to Arlo Guthrie for the bad quote from Alice’s Restaurant

1. Installation.
    2.Windows and doors.
    3.Lack of properly installed flashing on trim,windows,doors.
    4.Lack of or improperly installed kickout flashings.
    5.Finishing or painting before it is cured out.
    6.Improperly installed moisture barriers.
  2. Letting it freeze the night after the application.
  3. Doing it before the sheetrock is {hung}
    9.Alppling it way to thin.
    10.Bad installation of the metal products that hold it on the wall.
    11.Sand that is way to fine to be used for basecoat.
    12.Paperbacklath.
    13.Appling it over improperly installed OSB.
    14.In the dry climates it drying out to fast it needs to be kept moist.

Or like they are applying it in Az. Aint that right Dale Duffy.

Get these things corrected and stucco is a good product.