Up pops a bill in Florida

Thanks for the offer. I have it taken care of.

Richard:

No need for the multiple PMs. Thanks.

Good deal

I am waiting to see what comes in my emails

have a good nite

rlb

I pushed the buttons too many times Sorry

Did not know if I had done it correctly

Trying to get educated on this new BB

Later

rlb

Dear FL NACHI Member:

As your Director of Legislation for Florida NACHI I wanted to let you know about pending legislation that may have an impact on you and your business in the very near future.

Please click on the following links to familiarize yourself with the pending legislation.
It is important for me to understand how this pending legislation may affect your business. Please send me an email at FloridaNACHI@Bellsouth.net if you are in favor or against the HI Bill or the Mold Bill.

I also welcome your to visit the NACHI Message Board at http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?p=31769#post31769

Please note that this is extremely time sensitive and your response is needed no later than Friday March 17th.

Thank you in advance,
Jay Schwartz
Florida NACHI Director of Legislative Affairs

bump

If anybody in Florida needs G.L. I know where you can get it P.M. me and I will give you my agents name. I want only serious people only as I do not want her swamped with price shoppers. 560.00 a year for 1,000,000.00

first off E&O is like my amex I don’t leave home without it.
but this 80 hrs is crazy, I am a one man shop, from the school of hard knocks, been in and around construction and real estate all of my life. I can not see closing shop to go to school for something that I already know. I say if I can pass the test what is the difference. Knowledge and experience have to count for something.

Bruce

I would be willing to forward your posting to Jay if you would like

I am sure that there are many more HI’s that fall into your same classification

rlb

PS – It ain’t over until the fat lady sings

Is there any grace period? What about experience? What about years in buisness? Grand father? I didnt see any thing about this I need answers. Thanks Jay

Todd:

Just came back from the SE FL NACHI Chapter meeting. I made a presentation on the Bill. Today Deanna email blasted the NACHI Florida membership per my request. THANKS DEANNA!!!

The responses are pouring in. I am happy to report I have a lot of reading and tallies to do.

To answer your question. Bill would be law on July 1, 2006. No grace period. No grandfathering. 80 hrs for everyone. You would be required to put in writing the amount of yrs in business and/or how many inspections performed.

Hope that helps.

Are the on line educational courses offered by NACHI going to count for education? Will the courses from the convention count for education?
Will years of experience equate to some education credit?

Zoe
West Central Florida Chapter

Are the on line educational courses offered by NACHI going to count for education? Will the courses from the convention count for education?
Zoe

The educational area has not been clearly addressed unlike last years bill. FLORIDA NACHI will have a program to launch in the event the bill does pass, however, until a more clearly defined education requirement is written by the legislature, the question cannot be answered with 100% certainty.

ITs ok but too many open areas that might change i will be ready for any changes and i know that our Chapter will be there for us if needed. I am also here if need . We will have a Roofing Contractor on our next Chapter Meeting He will show us how to do a roof inspection thur the eyes of a Dade County Inspector:cool:

So when do you think Jay that we need to Have our hours in place? I did more than 80 hours in my classes I did it home and took my test online how do i prove my hours?

Nice job You guy are going to make us Inspectors Better Inspectors

Hi to all,

I think until this bill is fleshed out, any discussion as to what will or will not be aceptable is pure speculation. The issue of prior education is currently moot due to the lack of any grandfathering clause.

Personaly I feel that it is inconcievable that this bill could pass as it stands, there are simply too many gray areas.

Regards

Gerry

To my knowledge no bill has ever gotten through all the various committees and hurdles it has to go through w/o any changes. I concur with Gerry and Jay on the current bill on the face. If you want to make your voices heard do not depend solely on NACHI or FABI or FAPHI or anyone else for that matter to do your speaking for you. You need to contact your representatives starting NOW and continue to hound them until you get some answers. Point out all the obvious discrepancies in this bill and make them known. Also look up the various committees the bill has to go thru and contact each and every member of all those committees. If enough people raise the same questions posted here to the reps than the committees will ask those hard questions. Remember the one thing a politician fears more than anything is “lost jobs” being attributed to them. You have to make them understand what THEY have to lose if a bill goes thru w/o all the normal safeguards in place. I have never heard of any profession becoming regulated without some kind of grandfathering installed.
Doug Edwards
FAPHI Pres.

Gerry says " primary education "
Other posts have referred to IE: ITA and other schools.
Do we need 80 hours of building related college or will our 100 ITA hours count?
Zoe