Wanta bet

On how long it is before ole nickey announces…
I took control of the CMI :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I got 50 bucks it will be before July 01-07 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dharris,
don’t you have an AS$hi meeting to go to are something, anything?:smiley:

I would take your bet in a heart beat but having delt with ASHI and ASHI/North and knowing how they operate I have my doubt I could ever collect my money .
Past experience leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Cookie

Your faith in your fellow ASHI member, Mike Rowan, is better than mine.

I think that the ASHI/FABI mutation of CMI will collapse much sooner than that. When it does, I hope that Nick will pull it out of the mud, clean it up, and put it back on the right track.

Nick is all about the publicity, he lives for this stuff. The more controversy the better. NACHI has gotten big because of it.

Don’t kid yourself, Nick is a smart man. My hat is off to him.

I say he rides it for at least a couple of weeks before he takes it back over.

Besides, it was never really gone, who do you think owns the registration of certifiedmasterinspector.com ?

Yes, smart man.

I have my issues with Nick and NACHI, but I will never question the man’s intelligence. He is two moves ahead of everyone here.

When all is said and done, I think that the record will show this to be true. I agree.

Hmmm…

He transferred the copright.

He is not on the Board.

Current President has recommended a new ED.

How can Nick claim any authority here?

Watch.

Can I include in my bet that this post will hit over 200 views by Wed.

The looser has to send the money to Hoppy to compensate for the public bashing he’s been exposed to.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hoopy…get it right! :wink:

Really? Nick is not that stupid.

Word MarkCERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTORGoods and ServicesIC B . US B . G & S: Home Inspectors. FIRST USE: 19980501. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19980501Standard Characters Claimed****Mark Drawing Code(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARKDesign Search Code****Serial Number78325155Filing DateNovember 8, 2003Current Filing Basis1AOriginal Filing Basis1A;1BSupplemental Register DateJuly 8, 2004Registration Number2892104Registration DateOctober 5, 2004Owner****(REGISTRANT) Gromicko, Nick INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 518 Kimberton Road Phoenixville PENNSYLVANIA 19460Assignment RecordedASSIGNMENT RECORDEDAttorney of RecordMark CohenType of MarkCERTIFICATION MARKRegisterSUPPLEMENTALOther DataThe certification mark certifies that the home inspector is certified by the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors.Live/Dead IndicatorWord MarkNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTORS****Goods and ServicesIC B . US B . G & S: CERTIFICATION OF HOME INSPECTORSStandard Characters ClaimedMark Drawing Code**(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK**Design Search CodeSerial Number78886360Filing DateMay 18, 2006Current Filing Basis1BOriginal Filing Basis1BOwner****(APPLICANT) NICK GROMICKO** INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 1750 30TH STREET, SUITE 301 BOULDER COLORADO 80301Attorney of RecordMARK S. COHEN, ESQ., OF COHEN HORNER, LLPType of MarkCERTIFICATION MARKRegisterPRINCIPALOther DataAPPLICANT INTENDS TO USE THE MARK TO ISSUE A CERTIFICATION TO HOME INSPECTORS, WHO PERFORM THE LABOR, I.E., THE INSPECTION OF HOMES. USE OF THE MARK BY THE HOME INSPECTORS IS INTENDED TO CERTIFY THAT THEY HAVE BEEN TRAINED ACCORDING TO APPLICANT’S STANDARDS FOR HOME INSPECTORS.Live/Dead IndicatorLIVE**LIVE

Like I said, Nick is two steps ahead of everyone here. He has also got a lock on all you education vendors out there (and there are quite a few !)

Word MarkGCMI (GRADUATE OF CERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTOR COURSE)Goods and ServicesIC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Testing to determine professional competencyStandard Characters Claimed****Mark Drawing Code(4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARKDesign Search Code****Serial Number78789420Filing DateJanuary 11, 2006Current Filing Basis1BOriginal Filing Basis1BPublished for OppositionSeptember 5, 2006Owner(APPLICANT) Gromicko, Nick INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 1750 30th Street Boulder COLORADO 80301DisclaimerNO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE “GRADUATE OF CERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTOR COURSE” APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWNType of MarkSERVICE MARKRegisterPRINCIPALLive/Dead IndicatorLIVE

Looks like more than marketing to me.

CMI is indeed more than marketing in the sense that,
in its current form, it is a designation of above average
education and experience.

But then again, when the CMI designation is then
published by the home inspector, it becomes
a distinguishing mark of quality to help the
inspector rise above his competition… and
therein is the marketing aspect.

So yes, it is a designation… and yet it’s primary
use by the inspector is marketing. The CMI
designation communicates a superior assurance
to the client and that prompt a willingness to
pay more, for above average services.

Publishing your association with NACHI
has this two fold aspect to it also.

I am only going on Nick’s public statements as posted here that he transferred ownership to the Board. If it is not true, I would not be shocked.

The GCMI designation originated from a proposal offered by Blaine (I think) when the initial CMI discussions were floated about here.

I am not shocked by Nick anymore, jealous to his intelligence, yes.

Shocked, no.

Everyone who takes part in a NACHI (see Nick) idea is a puppet who is being used for NACHI (again, se Nick)gain.

It is easy to get swept up in Nick’s hooppla, he is the master.

Nick has his finger on the pulse of everything that happens here. He kind of reminds me of the Puppet Master.

As much as he, or others, would like you to believe he has nothing to do with lot of decisions, don’t be fooled. This is his baby, he made NACHI what it is, and he is not going to step aside to see any of his ideas fail.

If CMI bends and breaks with it’s current set-up (which I think it will), he will swoop in and save it, and take all the publicity the failure has generated and use it to keep “two steps ahead”.

Nick, again Sir, my hat is off to you.

Bravo !

Nothing is happening right now to harm CMI, other than the poor handling of it by its present president.

No doubt, it is a strong enough program with a great enough potential to outlive any fool who may be trying to exploit it for his own gain.

Holly mackrel… Guess I need to raise the my bet on the # of views to 1000.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I’m a little confused … I keep seeing posts stating this BB is the place to learn everything about HI.and inspectors can even qualifity to get certified by nickey with the information provided here…

Hmmm… The serious post about report writing… whether to report an item on the inside or outside was started 2 days prior to this… has 400 views and 19 replys.

This post started 2 days later has 17 replys and 445 views… :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Heck … I Think I must be missing some valuable HI information and will keep following this post like the "certified " inspectors are.

Heck if ole nickey takes back the CMI I may even earn a few valuable points to qualify as a CMI just from this topic alone …:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I gotta admit… I’m a little jelous of Mike R as his post on the CMI got over 3000… Heck that beat my roundy round with ole nick a few years ago about him destroying the AZ BTR…:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2800 of them was Mike R checking to see if anyone posted in agreement with him, yet.:wink: