Wearing a mask when alone?

Just the small difference between gas and liquid…

Welcome to our forum, Mathew!..Enjoy! :smile:

@mskiba Welcome to the forum Matthew, Enjoy.

My wife once told me “if you can’t impress them with knowledge dazzle them with bullshit.” That’s been my motto ever since.

Can’t make non-believers of science believe in masks and social distancing when they still think the world is flat. I just call that ignorance of facts.

6 Likes

Masks do work, but the way an average person uses a mask does not. Like everything, proper training and following protocol is required to be effective. If wearing masks by an average person worked, covid19 would be gone by now. Wearing a mask between bites? really? give me a break! now put your :mask: on!

Don’t forget hand washing.

1 Like

images (2)
Do what raccoons do, they were a mask and wash there hands,

2 Likes

Here’s your fart stopping undies.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fart+proof+underwear&gclid=Cj0KCQjwt4X8BRCPARIsABmcnOpxUelxc-Sk6lfdIXgrBTeI4FL_xl5531U16Kg5dRq7_69ckBu6sRMaAoToEALw_wcB&hvadid=409956821962&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9059802&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=6629253330548861076&hvtargid=kwd-28511659535&hydadcr=24634_11410133&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_7t4zg8nfxh_e

More than 57,000 new cases were reported across the country on Friday, adding to the more than 7.6 million known infections nationwide. More than 213,000 people in the U.S. have died due to the virus.
How many more need to die to convince these non-believers in masks and social distancing works.

3 Likes

Welcome to the New World Order. LOL
Why don"t we just wear masks all the time like the idiots in Japan. The flu wipes out people every single year. For decades . Should we all crouched down. Or shut everything down Till this passes. It will never pass. They’re always be another.
History has proven this. May sound strange. But I’ve been wearing a mask for years. My immune system has been down for the past five. And I always carry hand sanitizer with me. I believe you should do what you think is best for you.

3 Likes

mra100520dapr_0

4 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

I practice the “when in Rome, do as the Romans do” principle. If anybody present is wearing a mask I do too. In my region the mask thing is kind of sporadic. I will say that, especially with older folks, wearing the mask when entering an occupied house conveys professionalism and respect. I know this because an elderly homeowner tracked me down and told me he appreciated my mask-wearing.

The latest thinking is that masks reduce the transmission rate from yourself to others. They certainly don’t filter out viruses but rather cut down on the free flow of the larger aerosol particles that the viruses are attached to. They provide some marginal benefit mainly in situations where people are talking or singing…that’s about it.

Overall, I haven’t worn my mask except for a few times. The transmission risk is very low in the situation we’re in.

1 Like

It is truly disappointing to see how many people in this “service based industry” don’t care about others. I think it is very telling that YOU will wear a respirator in a crawl or attic but you won’t wear a piece of cloth on your face when it could affect someone else’s family or health. I don’t like wearing condoms, so I am going to stop doing that when I take your daughters home. If everyone keeps being as selfish as we have become as a society, I am sure America’s greatness will be revered for centuries.

Oh and for those of you who spout all of the “medical information”…please post a copy of your medical degree for all of us to see.

Inspectors making claims about how a virus works is like the kid at Burger King questioning an inspection report. PROVE ME WRONG.

5 Likes

The study, which was released in September and ignored by mainstream media and politicians found that masks are ineffective at the prevention of viral infections.
See table on page 1261

3 Likes

You are almost proving my Burger King theory for me.

This is not a peer-reviewed study, this is a small sample of people. Also…and this is a big one! The authors specifically state on page 1260 right above the table you wanted us to look at…“To help slow the spread of SARS-CoV-2, precautions should be implemented to stay home once exposed to someone with COVID-19,** in addition to adhering to recommendations to wash hands often, wear masks, and social distance.”

It is always, just find some garbage on the internet that fits your own personal theory, take it as fact and then contaminate the minds of other people who don’t know any better. Find me a peer-reviewed article about the ineffectiveness of wearing masks and then I will start to believe you.

1 Like

giphybleach

1 Like

Good report to my thinking… Takeaway is stay out of bars gyms and restaurants and away from potentially sick people who are not wearing a mask:

Summary
What is already known about the topic?
Community and close contact exposures contribute to the
spread of COVID-19.
What is added by this report?
Findings from a case-control investigation of symptomatic
outpatients from 11 U.S. health care facilities found that close
contact with persons with known COVID-19 or going to
locations that offer on-site eating and drinking options were
associated with COVID-19 positivity. Adults with positive
SARS-CoV-2 test results were approximately twice as likely to
have reported dining at a restaurant than were those with
negative SARS-CoV-2 test results.
What are the implications for public health practice?
Eating and drinking on-site at locations that offer such options
might be important risk factors associated with SARS-CoV-2
infection. Efforts to reduce possible exposures where mask use
and social distancing are difficult to maintain, such as when
eating and drinking, should be considered to protect customers, employees, and communities.emphasized text

1 Like