100 Pennsylvania inspections ( Pittsburgh Area)

Brian the idea of the post is that i have no idea. To create a post where any one from PA has this same question the answer would be here. I have a plan but this is when i need opinions and suggestions. Again thank you.

That just defines a home inspection. It has nothing to do with the state requirements to be a home inspector.

1 Like

Its does, that’s why i wonder if anyone else did the same. I am gonna continue the courses and go as planned. I’ll let everyone know how it goes, once the planned has taken action. Thanks Ryan.

1 Like

This site doesn’t say anything about participating in any inspections, let alone 100.

With the help of ICA, you can earn your Pennsylvania home inspector certificate and start your own business in a manner of a few weeks

1 Like

Thats what ive been trying to get, I’m in Pittsburgh, Everything i find is: You will get Certified once the course is completed. I have emailed ASHI since it’s also been recommended, In how do they work with this, but still no response. The state requires something, but how do you proceed when everybody is moving on. In my opinion it feels like what Richard Bleich says: Can’t happen without violating some portion of the law.

I don’t think they’re going to respond to your email anytime soon.

3 Likes

lol… Great.

Yes it is. It’s right in the law. Post a link to the law and I’ll find it and point it out to you.

1 Like

How one legally achieves these 100 inspections in order to be considered a full member prior to being able to perform independent home inspections is not addressed. This was sent to my email from a chat here in the Internachi website.

1 Like

This is not addressed in other states that require 100 inspections prior to applying for a license or a certificate or a whatever. Somehow others are finding a solution where you cannot.

7506 (3)

The inspector signing your reports need not be in PA. That means you literally have tens of thousands of potential options.

2 Likes

What a stupid law.

2 Likes

I agree. Forcing someone to do 100 before becoming licensed is ridiculous.

1 Like

There should at least be an alternate option of passing the national exam and 10 ride-alongs.

1 Like

It’s kind of like the requirements in MN to become a licensed real estate appraiser. You must work under a currently licensed appraiser for 1000 to 1500 hours, depending on the type of license you want. That works out great for those already in the business, lol.

1 Like

the 100 inspections is required to get licensed to be a home inspector, however you can do inspections without any lic or cert. in pa and get paid, then once you get 100 under you you may then use them to get licensed , its not needed from what i have seen but it does look better to people that may want to hire you

3 Likes

So from my understanding, it would be okay to start a business. On the smaller side, to obtain those first 100 inspections. After completing all the course work. During those 1st 100, would I still need an inspector to sign off on the final report in the same state of PA?

Do you know if my 100 inspections as a NY Licensed Home inspector will count towards that PA total?

TIA

Did you ever get an answer?

Email me altura1787@gmail.com