Maybe all the Canadian associations should meet.

Brian

I find it so sad you continue to complain about NACHI, non stop and you as well as many others do not mind using NACHI and its members .
I have not seen you complain about Claude Lawrenson ,Paul Wilson and others who also turn out new Homies constantly.
I do not remember you complaining about OAHI doing the same thing .
This looks to me like tunnel vision seeing only what you want to see .
I do not see you complaining about CANNACHI .
How about a bit of fair play Chastise all or none

“Is ACHI not affiliated with the Teamsters and are fees not paid to the Teamsters for this priviledge? To me thats a union affiliation.”

So, if you have a business agreement with an accountant does that make you an accountant? You can view this business agreement any way you wish Allan. I am sure that facts will not sway your opinion.

From comments seen in the different threads over the past months, ACHI apppears to feel that they are the only group that can solve the Inspection Industries issues.

It is not the organization that is changing the industry, it is the ideas behind it. Any other association could have done what the ALLIANCE OF CANADIAN HOME INSPECTORS is doing, but they chose to be exclusionary, elitist organizations built on untruths and guesses instead.

Ok, ACHI! The same style of questioning will be made when comments from other Associations are submitted.

That is all we can ask for Allan; an open mind and a fair chance. Thanks.

Audit to me refers to someone coming in and just taking notes.

Correct again. And note that the ALLIANCE OF CANADIAN HOME INSPECTORS is still the only Canadian association to confirm attendance.

“Make it cheap and easy to get in and soon every person that ever worked on a construction site (even sweeping up) will want to be a home inspector.”

And if they do they will be making a commitment to better their knowledge base, take courses, adhere to an SOP, submit to a discipline programme and more. You are right Brian. This is a pretty sweet deal for the industry and the public.

Roy states: “I have not seen you complain about Claude Lawrenson ,Paul Wilson and others who also turn out new Homies constantly.”

Roy I also find it SAD and PATHETIC that you fail to get the facts straight. I offer as a matter of fact - Claude Lawrenson does not certify any home inspector. You make many false allegations, which does nothing to help the profession. This seems counterproductive to your claim of how much you help others. All it does is feed into BS that you claim as fact, and insites others that believe your nonsense!

FACT: I have taught for Humber College - Home Inspection Certificate Program, for approximately 10 years. Yes, ISS holds a contract with Humber College. Those “homie” participants that you claim are free to choose whatever place of training that they prefer. No kick backs, no inducements, no secret sign up fees; but a program offered and recognized by MCCU.

But if they sign up through Humber, (which in fact is how the vast majority do) that has no implication as you and other falsely claim. Once again, you tend to offer misleading facts, presenting it as truthful, without due respect to harm and damages it causes. Than again, I really don’t seem to see from your posts, that you really care.

Furthermore, for clarification, it is not my place to offer any comment on Paul Wilson.

Glad to see you posting and asking questions .
Do you have any ideas or thoughts on what is needed in Canada to improve our industry for all active home Inspectors and all future home Inspectors.
Does any one else have thoughts, ideas,on what is needed .
NACHI is great and does more then any one else .
Do you think we should just stay with what we have or try and help all Canadian Home Inspectors.
I have been a member of OAHI/CAHPI ,ASHI Looked at PHPIO and Cannachi .
I can not see any use in investing my time money and effort with these Groups and their selfish secret methods.
ACHI I have an complete open mind and I do like their open door, open to all attitude and no secret, help all ideas.
It would be nice if we can keep this string alive and get Information,
ideas, thoughts , Both good and bad .
Please understand the other associations have had from 20 years the oldest to 6 years the newest to push their ideas and thoughts .
Theachi is less then one year and they have definatly got the attetion of the other associations .
Will they succeed well It looks to me like they have succeded .
They seem slow and methodical like the turtle .

Turtle.jpg

Sad to say My opinion you are not at Arms length .
Doing what you do and being on the planning / executive and providing a service is In my opinion wrong.
I also say Brian has centered NACHI and says nothing about the others I mentioned .
To me that is biased ,tunnel vision .
Sorry Claude same story different day.
FACT… I do think I have the facts straight .

Merry Christmas to all … Char and Roy

Again Brian he is a successful business man and gives back to the brotherhood.
You seen to forget where you are.

Brian its called competition thats all .
But wait, its your view of human beings and constructions workers that is interesting.
Yes, you show you TRUE SELF NOW.
So now we see the true invention of your anger.
YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE.
wo wo wo Wait!!!
You are one that thinks money separates the good from the bad.
HA HA HA HA.
Are you affiliated with the National perhaps?
No I am mistaken CAHPI member.
I see maybe mortgage companies or back advisers.
So you think the measure of worth is $$$$$$$.
WOW.
Now I have a new understand of Brian A. MacLeish

WOW you just out did all that dribble I apologized for.

You are the lobbyist for regulation and licensing reform.
You like that BC example of government pride and control.
You like putting more money + power behind governments that do nothing but take lobbied dollars to control what they think they can do a better job of and with.
YOU LIKE TO SEE THE SMALLEST PART OF THE REALESTAE PUZZLE PAY THE BIGGEST PRICE AND LET THOSE AGENST LIE AND MORTGAGE COMPANIES EARN MORE.
You think that stanch upper crust, well bred, better generic blood line, well connected only have the right to place structure into the residential building inspection industry and reform associations.
HITER a pure white race Brian.
You look down on construction works as a whole.
Trades men that build homes.
Remember the failings of those homes.
Remember why those homes have to be inspected Brian.
No government agency was watching them do the job.
The code inspectors were not there as graph and under the table money was being placed into the pockets of the rich and powerful.
Mortgage companies lust for greed and government not maintaining oversight.
Oh yes Brian your doctrine spells success for all.
You views are so compelling I fell like joining CAHPI.
NOT !!!
I will never look at construction workers the same, I will look down on them as you do.
Fool !!!.
So again I say, get your apron on and get your hands dirty, become A MAN and you tell me to follow those golden rules of your ( follow the manufactures instructions ) AFTER YOU SEE IT UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL FOOLLLLLLLL. Then tell me.
Do not follow the manufactures instructions.
Get your hands dirty.
InterNACHI has the HIGHEST STANDARDS and biggest volume OF TEACHING AVAILABLE ( BAR NONE ).
Sorry it is priced competitive and affordable for those whom care to practice residential building inspection or commercial inspection.
They are trying to sweep out the cheats that`s all BRI.
You want it for the elite ( elite what Brian)

I have heard it all now.
Sorry all, this guy is nuts.

Yes I forgot.
Merry Christmas al.l
May our Father bring joy and piece to you, along with health and Happiness into the New Year.
Please excuse me if I have offended any member or nonmember this year.
I will practice patients and try to avoid conflict.
SORRY

Roy I agree with Claude on this point.
He is teaching and arms length in my opinion.
He is not certifying and is rewarding people interested in learning and continued studies.
That is all.
He is a business man.
You can not change 4 quarters for a dollar and stay in business.
Not all want to teach, but rather preach a doctrine of rule and look down at construction workers and other associations that he thinks are beneath him as" Brian Mac.N."
HA HA HA( trying to change the topic please Roy bear with me a bit longer. )
You have to give credit where credit is due.
I look up to those that dedicate themselves to teaching in hopes of those wanting to learn are compelled to do just that, learn and grow. ( I am proof of that ) Started with PHII and would have gone to Claude’s school if I knew about it,and it was close to where I live. 100 miles I would have traveled daily.
Personal education is needed sometimes and for some people.( fact )
We are in a festive time and a forgiving time everyone.
Lets at least recognize the efforts any of you make in helping improve, advance, teach, the residential building inspection industry.
The ones that want to divide are the ones that should be reviewed and answers to questions on unity and common bonding be the questions asked.
Again Merry XMIS.

Thank you Roy, your opinion is noted, but not shared by all.
Happy holidays, one and all…

Roy,
I agree, it would be nice to seee this thread continue on a good note without slurs and name calling to try to achieve something. Pretty much all Canadian threads have turned into pi**ing matches and nothing is accomplished. You, Ray, Bill, Claude, Brian, George and others have history and its well known. Many won’t post because of fear of being chastized at every turn for their opinion. Check the threads for Canadian content. Its all the same voices and each post is getting to a point of monotonous. Lets start by moving forward and forgetting past differences.
George, my intentions are good and please understand that I only want something constructive to come from discussions not hard feelings. You say that I can’t be swayed. Well my friend I can be but it has to be beneficial to my business and my clients. Sounds selfish but thats my feeling. I will assist in anyway possible to make the Inspection business reputable.
Robert, when reading the posts from others, please try to understand where they are coming from. They have seen a lot of things over the years and are only trying to put a case togeather. Brian. I’m sure was not knocking down construction workers he was only stressing that if the bar is lowered and courses are cheap to obtain, new inspectors that have no ethics or real knowledge of the industry will do inspections and make this industry a laughing stock and not taken seriously. Hope you understand.
All of us have knowlwdge at different levels and we all have our own way of doing this. I have a method of inspecting that is different from others I’m sure. Is it wrong? Not sure, but believe I do have my clients best interests a heart and mention all I find good or bad.
As to licensing, I have my opinion and the one main concern is that those that only have a minimal amount of training and don’t really know which end of a hammer to hold get into the business and mess it up. Licensing will only help the inept.
What Nick is proposing is good for all in the long run. If we collectively took what we know and put it togeather, we could have a plan for future inspectors(and some present inspectors) to follow as a guideline. Not an SOP but a checksheet to insure all is dealt with at an inspection.
I’m sure disagreement will take place but hey on a constuctive note it makes us think.
It goes back the the fundamental of "I may no agree with what your saying, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
There you are Roy. You have me going.
By the way,
Merry Christmas to all of you and your families and may you all have a prosperous New Year.
Allan

How do you move forward with the competing associations when this is what one of executives of one association states this on his website?

It seems to me the animosities run deep. Deeper than you think.

(“Allan G. Berdahl
Many won’t post because of fear of being chastized at every turn for their opinion.”)
I have not seen where you have been Chastized If I have I am sorry .
I try to defend NACHI ,Myself and our Canadian Homie’s.
I do not like wrong statements or unfair methods .
Thanks for you Posts Allan and please let me and others know when you think we are wrong.
Fortunatly or Unfortunatly our Posts do seem to get others to make posts too.
Having seen how some operate and their wish to control this industry since about 2,000 ,I just can not ignore their trying to destroy NACHI.

Roy your knowledge of the industry is respected by many, me included. No issues there.
As to me being personaly chastized, it really hasn’t happened. I was talking in general and I have, in the past, seen some that have been nailed for expressing an opinion. My concern here is that many won’t post because they really don’t want conflict, just info.

"They seem slow and methodical like the turtle ."

WHO ARE YOU CALLING A TURTLE !!?!??:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

That quote is hilarious Ray. What is with this sexual obsession with the word “recognized” in Canada? Recognized, recognized, recognized. What real man cares that some bureaucrat “recognizes” him? It’s a sissy’s word. Oooh, oooh, over here… recognize me!

The turtle won in the end. Right?

Our courses have been awarded so many government approvals and accreditations (over 600) that several state governments now issue InterNACHI blanket approval. I guess they “recognize” that InterNACHI is the best… as are InterNACHI members.

Robert:

Adjust your meds, or your booze, so you can understand what I say. In the past I worked in the trades/construction sector, ran a multi-service building/renovation company with up to 13 construction workers and currently count tradesmen as my friends. How you can get that I hate construction workers out of my above statement is beyond me. Read and re-read the quoted statement below from Allan Berdahl until it sinks in…

“Robert, when reading the posts from others, please try to understand where they are coming from. They have seen a lot of things over the years and are only trying to put a case togeather. Brian. I’m sure was not knocking down construction workers he was only stressing that if the bar is lowered and courses are cheap to obtain, new inspectors that have no ethics or real knowledge of the industry will do inspections and make this industry a laughing stock and not taken seriously. Hope you understand.”

Thank-you Allan

How do you move forward when one of the industries leading spokesperson displays his contempt for anyone other than himself?

Do you think the executive is bias towards anyone other than his own kind? Conflict of interest?

Bias is a breach both of fairness and natural justice principles. It has long been established that one need not establish actual bias, as it is usually impossible to determine whether the decision-maker approached the matter with a truly biased state of mind. When it is alleged that a decision-maker is not impartial, the test that must be applied is whether the particular conduct gives rise to a reasonable apprehension of bias (RAB).

“The test for reasonable apprehension of bias was set out by de Grandpré J., writing in dissent, in Committee for Justice and Liberty v. National Energy Board, [1978] 1 S.C.R. 369, at p. 394:
The apprehension of bias must be a reasonable one, held by reasonable and right minded persons, applying themselves to the question and obtaining thereon the required information… That test is "what would an informed person, viewing the matter realistically and practically - and having thought the matter through - conclude. Would he think that it is more likely than not that [the decision-maker], whether consciously or unconsciously, would not decide fairly.”